New Wiper
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: I pulled the old wiper and arm and tossed it. I decided to go with a pantographic arm and blade. This required that I use different mounting holes. ARGGGGG! So I glassed a small piece of mat on the inside of the large hole. Then I filled the large and small holes with Coloidal Silica mixed with resin. While that was setting up I built a partial plywood mock-up of the windshield to find the best location for the new holes. The pantographic arm needs to mount in the center of the window's lower edge. I went with an extra powerful AFI wiper motor. I block sanded off my fills, masked off the flat area the wiper mounts to and re-shot the gelcoat over the whole panal. I sanded and fared it in and rebuffed it. I then transferred the measurements for the new holes from the mock-up to the boat...said a prayer and drilled the new holes. Here is the new pantographic wiper. And it works sweet! :party:  
Stats:
Views: 1260
Filesize: 20.63kB
Height: 375 Width: 500
Keywords: wiper motor 
Posted by: Techdiver1 March 22, 2011, 02:35:35 AM

Total Likes: 0

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (0)


Return to Gallery


Powered by SMF Gallery Pro