News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

3G Radar

Started by Fishin Machine, February 17, 2018, 09:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishin Machine

Recently I Purchase a Lowrance carbon and 3G radar. It is all wired up and almost everything works. The radar is not being recognized by the Lowrance unit. I have the network cable plug in, Red + to power and black - to negative. My voltage is 13 volts. The yellow wire is connect to the yellow wire on the fish finder.

Should the yellow wire be connected to + red?

Plus the setup procedures are a little weak, is there anything than can be done to make sure there is a setup for radar.

Thank you

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

DevMah

The yellow gets connected to the yellow of the HDS or to the positive fused side.
It is the instant on wire.
When the HDS is turned it then sends a signal.
My 3D module , radar all have this yellow that connects to the HDS yellow or you can connect to the fused side of the radar

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Fishin Machine

I have it to the yellow of the HDS, but everything read from other sites say move it to the positive fused. Tomorrow morning I will try this. Was there anything is settings you did to set it up?

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

DevMah

Here is the manual

http://www.navico-commercial.com/Root/SimradProSeries_docs/RADAR_3G_4G_IG_988-10113-003_EN_W.pdf

Try the fused positive side of the radar, as my hookup is different than yours as I have the 3D module that the radar feeds through both.

Pages 13 to 17

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

Fishin Machine

Dev, thanks for the help. I got up this morning planning on change the yellow wire only to find the negative wire came off the spade connector. It seems like the problem is usually the obvious. I have my radar and both fish finders working. Plus cleaned up a lot of wires.

FM
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger