News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Fair price for Penn mannual downriggers and mounts?

Started by amazing grace, December 27, 2013, 05:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazing grace

I have a pair of Penn mannual downriggers with mounts. What would be a fair price to sell for? I just have no idea. Thank you.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

CanvasGuy

AT least 200$ +... I sold a pair at that price in a heartbeat..
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Salmon King

I have had a pair with swivel mounts listed for a while now and no bites...price is $250 firm.
I don't mind keeping them so I will not take less.

On the other hand...I have people calling me every week to see if I want to sell my spare Scotty Electrics.
One guy actually calls me every single Monday...he does not understand the meaning of NO!

PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

wedocq

I was buying and selling downriggers on Ebay for a while. Generally, I would get about $100+ each for those Penn's. With a swivel base, closer to $125-150. Depending on the model and the shape they were in, sometimes upwards of $175 each. That was on Ebay though, which reaches a much broader audience. While Scotty's are king in the PNW, those Penns are very popular back east. On Craigslist around here, you could probably fetch about $100 each. These are just broad estimates from my experience. No current research done.
-Shawn 
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Gracie......I forgot that I left one of those in the boat when I delivered the boat to you. If you can, please box it up and ship it back. I'll pay for the shipping! J Doo Dad

PS...don't forget the swivel base.
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!