News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Gloves for handling bait?

Started by Fisherdv, February 18, 2019, 02:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJFishin

Nice 👍 
Good luck out there
:beerchug:
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

croaker stroker

I hate wearing gloves and have been cleaning fish and cutting bait for over 50 years. But a young friend is in the hospital right now on I.V. powerful antibiotics because of an infection that went "Sepsis". He got the infection from a "poke" from a fish preparation tool. He has been cleaningfish for over 25 years without incident.

I wont mention his name because he may not want me to.

His advise to me was to keep those tools clean.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

AJFishin

Croaker hope your friend has a speedy recovery.

Last year I found out Calicos have a sharp gill plate that cut my thumb pretty bad and my boat looked like I bleed a fish on the deck :jester: I'm just glad I have real good first aid kit on board to clean, disinfect, put liquid stitch over the cut, and taped it up well.  Go figure it was the one day I had no gloves on board :doh:
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser