News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Goetz engineered hydraulic kicker bracket

Started by Rcr, April 26, 2024, 07:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rcr

Hello fellas – for those who remember Goetz engineered hydraulic kicker brackets I'm hoping for some Intel. Mine has been great for 20 years, But it seems the hydraulic ram are starting to leak. I called Chuck, the former owner of Goetz engineering, and there are no leftover rams or parts. My question is has anyone swapped out different hydraulic ram in place of the ones that he had specially made. Chuck said that the seals used will be very difficult find for hydraulic shops, so I really didn't want to take it apart unless I knew I had a Plan B. Thanks for your time!
2004 arima sr skip tower
Honda 130 and 9.9
🇺🇸

DARice

I had one of those and replaced it a few years ago with a BMT fixed bracket. The hydraulics were working fine. I gave all the parts to Hydroman who likely has put them to use, but maybe they're collecting dust.

Dave
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9

Rcr

I appreciate the reply. I will let it develop and see if there's any more info on it, or extra parts. Thanks!
2004 arima sr skip tower
Honda 130 and 9.9
🇺🇸

Redhawk

Do you have a photo and specs of the cylinder you could post? What makes his special so a standard cylinder can't be swapped in? With the variety on the market today you could probably find an equivalent you could make work, but then it would become a matter of price and if it would make sense.
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

Hydroman

Quote from: DARice on April 27, 2024, 08:46:26 AMI had one of those and replaced it a few years ago with a BMT fixed bracket. The hydraulics were working fine. I gave all the parts to Hydroman who likely has put them to use, but maybe they're collecting dust.

Dave

I passed the parts to a friend and used them to make a remote control to steer his kicker.

17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Rcr

Thank you guys for responding. Yes, Redhawk, the cylinder is 2 3/8 in diameter by 11 inches in length. I did hear that some have used the Volvo penta lower end steering hydraulic ram. it appears to be close enough in size and made of parts that are designed for saltwater, With parts readily available online. I would have to reduce The mounting pins on each side from three-quarter to half inch But right now that's my Plan B less anyone has any better ideas?
2004 arima sr skip tower
Honda 130 and 9.9
🇺🇸