News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Trim tab retractor wire

Started by spinner, December 23, 2021, 06:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

I just installed Electric Lenco trim tabs on my 17 ft Seachaser. I had a new 115 HP Yamaha 4 stoke installed in May and had a new 703 remote control box installed also. I understand that there are a couple of ways to wire up the retractor side of the trim tabs. One way is to install a remote on/off switch and the other is to wire it to the 703 remote control box. I looked through the control box manual and there is no wiring diagram to address the retractor wire. Would appreciate some guidance to complete the project. Thank you.

davidsea

If Lencos are like my Bennett Bolts, the 'retractor wire' needs to see 12V when the ignition is 'on', and will automatically retract the tabs when the voltage goes away.  Any wire which goes on and off with the ignition would work just fine.  Probably easiest to find on the back of the key switch.  In any case, it should be fused as close as possible to the source  -  1 amp should be plenty.
   One more reason to have a Factory Service Manual - specific to your individual motor - which will include complete wiring schematics (including wire colors), as well as complete service information.   These are expensive ($100-200) but worth the money.  The 'aftermarket' manuals that cover multiple sizes and years of motors are NOT a substitute for the real thing.
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)