News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

guest moorage in Port Townsend

Started by Dhil12, June 18, 2018, 07:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhil12

My wife are going to run up to Port Townsend for a few days next week and was wondering if anyone had a favorite marina of the two to stay in within walking distance of restaurants and bars. We will be staying on the boat.

Thanks,
Darrell
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

lloyds

I like the westerly one where the coast guard parks their boat, but I would imagine space will be limited.  One good fish and chips place within walking distance but a couple other cafes and brew pubs.
1997 sea explorer

Dhil12

Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Mooch

Darrell, the wife and I like going into Pt Hudson best.  Easy short walk to the old town shops and a nice restaurant, Hudson Pont Cafe, right at the marina for lunch.  It's a small boat basin on the NE end of town near the Maritime Museum.  Haven't overnighted at either marina but would love to hear how it goes.  BTW, for hotel with moorage, which is how the missus likes to "camp", there's also the Old Alcohol Plant Hotel in Hadlock a short hop to PTown. Unfortunately the unique dining experience that is the Ajax restaurant is temporarily closed for renovation.  Great destination area from Edmonds.  Enjoy.
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Dhil12

Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

HntnFsh

Quote from: lloyds on June 18, 2018, 08:10:22 PM
I like the westerly one where the coast guard parks their boat, but I would imagine space will be limited.  One good fish and chips place within walking distance but a couple other cafes and brew pubs.

Cant remember the name of the place but we had fish and chips and chowder at a little hole in the wall ther and it was the best Ive had. They had about 20 years in a row of plaques for best fish and chips.
2005 Sea Ranger 19HT
2018 Suzuki DF140

HemiGTX

AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

lloyds

That's the one, good breakfast too.  You sometimes have to get your own drinks and coffee but it is expected there.
1997 sea explorer

Redhawk

I would go with the West marina (the same one where Salt Patrol was docked) and Sea J's as well as the Bayview restaurant are both pretty darn close and have some good vittles. The western marina also manages to dodge the smell of sulfur from the paper mill, I am not sure if Port Hudson does.

Port of Port Townsend's Marinas: http://portofpt.com/marine-services/marinas/
This is the Western marina's map: http://portofpt.com/wp-content/uploads/2018-19-Boat-Haven-Map.pdf
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

dbhazjack

Quote from: Redhawk on June 21, 2018, 05:04:00 PM
I would go with the West marina (the same one where Salt Patrol was docked) and Sea J's as well as the Bayview restaurant are both pretty darn close and have some good vittles. The western marina also manages to dodge the smell of sulfur from the paper mill, I am not sure if Port Hudson does.

Port of Port Townsend's Marinas: http://portofpt.com/marine-services/marinas/
This is the Western marina's map: http://portofpt.com/wp-content/uploads/2018-19-Boat-Haven-Map.pdf

The western marina is Boat Haven. Excellent launch and moorage. They used to have a separate marina office with great service. But they have closed it and added the marina office with the boat yard office. They are super busy and the service suffers. Last time I launched and moored there they charged me $50 for 2 nights and wanted to charge an additional $10 per night for parking my truck and trailer! This after already paying launch fee!!

My wife and I enjoy mooring at Port Ludlow, 30min South of Port Townsend. It's a very scenic run up to Pt Hudson. The route takes you through a narrow channel between Indian and Marrowstone Islands. Watch your charts and buoys, but very doable.  You can tie up to the public dock for a small fee and then have an easy walk to downtown.

Doc's Marina Grill out on the end of Pt Hudson is another favorite. The crab appetizer is worth the trip!

Be sure to explore Matz Matz Bay while you are there! Absolutely beautiful area.

Have fun! Makes me want to load up the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

Dhil12

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your input. My wife just retired today as a school teacher. Me ,my son, daughter in law and grand daughter surprised her at school with flowers and balloons. It was pretty cool. We are going out tomorrow for a short cruise and heading to Port Townsend next week for a few days. Thank you all so much for your input. I really appreciate it. If you see us, please take the time to stop by or hail us on channel 16 and can then pick a channel to talk

Darrell
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

ATGEP

The marina topic is covered. One thing lacking within walking distance to PT marinas is a grocery store. Make sure to provision as required. If I was spending a few days, It would be worth it to keep going to Friday Harbour where everything is close at hand.

HemiGTX

Safeway is directly across the street from the boat haven.
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

Redhawk

What days are you going to be up there? We are heading up on the 30th for the week of the 4th to do some work on Sparhawk and some crabbing.
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

Dhil12

Atgep, yes we are taking all the food with us. I have a bbq and a two burner alcohol stove so we will cook most of our meals

Redhawk. going on Tuesday the 26th
Darrell
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker