News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Neah Bay/Swiftsure(Canadian side)

Started by Crackerbox, August 12, 2014, 05:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackerbox

Went to Neah Bay last weekend with hopes of filling up my freezer.  Did not quite work out as planned, I am sure the huge tide swings did not help.

We did fish 1 hour for 2 nights in front of the marina entrance from 300-800 ft and the last 30 min of each hour was lights out coho.  Over a dozen were caught in each of those 30 mins. with a total of 2 hatchery fish.

Funny thing is, usually I take a bunch of pictures but now that I have my own boat, I hardly picked up the camera.

GutZ

When you did take it out , you made it count!

Nice pictures!

Screw the Super Moon. Good riddance. Made life tough with those huge tide swings.
It's always good to have a plan.
It's always better to have a good plan.

Chasin Baitman

Well, 2 coho is 200% better than 0 coho!

So even swiftsure was quiet?  That's no good.  I'd think it'd be thick with silvers out there.
2011 19' Sea Ranger, 2011 Suzuki DF115, 2011 Honda 8 kicker

"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

Crackerbox

They were thick out at the "J" buoy, but we were targeting Kings in the morning, Lings and Halibut at slack.  Usually there are Coho finning everywhere when bottom fishing and we could let out 10- 15 ft with a weightless herring and catch them every couple minutes.  Very few finners this year and no bottom fish, but like I said coho were pretty good at Neah Bay.

With amount of silvers at Neah Bay, I am excited for September.

Joe

Chasin Baitman

2011 19' Sea Ranger, 2011 Suzuki DF115, 2011 Honda 8 kicker

"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"