News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Raymarine Lifetag Review

Started by Vancouvertechie, January 26, 2014, 07:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouvertechie

Well since someone had this for sale on IFISH, I thought why not.  I got it for a good price since retail is over 500.00 snaps.  This one was a lot less than that. 

After some reading and getting my Seatalk(ns) switch mounted and hooked up to switched power.  I spliced the Seatalk cable to wire the connection unit and the other to the spur connection.  After mounting the speaker and switching on the power to test.   The unit rang out a loud chirp. 

I installed the two supplied batteries into the transmitter pendant.  I pressed the button to sync up with the head unit and so far so good.  The pendant switch from green to red and the head unit chirped 3 times to acknowledge the connection.  The same repeated for the second transmitter. 

I plan is to attach these on both of my girls life jackets when we are out.  It's not to say that I won't have a close eye on them, but why not test technology out.  So in my garage I switched on power and connected both transmitters.  I turned on the A70 MFD to verify that the MOB would transmit the location to my plotter. 

In my test I went outside of the garage and the unit sounded off like a freight train.  What do you know it works.  The MOB target came up on the plotter.  So I guess the next time I anchor up for spring chinook and decide to take a nap at least I will be alerted if someone falls out of the boat for some reason.  I would agree this is overkill for a small vessel but for larger ones I could see the benefit.  Especially with children or animals aboard.

VT

http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=715

2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

Threeweight

Nice.  I could see this being very useful for ocean Tuna! and halibut fishers as well.  On long runs we often closed the Alaska bulk head on the Stabi and forget about the guys riding on the back deck.  If one fell out we wouldn't know about it till we stopped 20 miles later  :bigshock:
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Salmon King

Quote from: Threeweight on January 26, 2014, 08:06:53 PM
If one fell out we wouldn't know about it till we stopped 20 miles later  :bigshock:

TW...remind me NOT to go boating with you! :wink:
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)