News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arima_Matt

Hello, I just recently bought a 90 1511 SE, I live in Birch Bay, WA.   This forum has been amazing, I have been lurking for months, but accomplished a lot based on all of the great posts and expert knowledge.  highlights for me include installing Lenco 9x12 trim tabs and LED switch, removing the fuel tank and cleaning the bilge area, mounting my transducer to the inside of the hull with West system epoxy while the tank was out and many other minor things based on all the posts here.  I am very happy to count myself an Arima Owner now!!

I don't have many photos yet but here is one from the dealer i bought it from in Olympia and one of my son excited to go out for the first time.

91 1511 Sea Explorer - 2008 75hp evinrude E-TEC - lenco 12x9

GregE

Good for you and wELKome aboard!!   :smile1

Motor details, etc when you can.  Curious minds ....... 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Chief of the Boat

Arima_Matt

My new to me 90 SE has a 2008 75hp Evinrude w/ 400 hours and a Tohatsu 6hp kicker. I picked it up south of tacoma. I believe it used to be owned by someone in birchbay, wa were I live as the local Evinrude dealer was familiar with the engine. This was nice to hear since it had no records when i bought it. Big relief when they said it checked out solid and over 60% of the hours were idle speeds with no other issues.

Last year we sold a little 23 foot day sailer that we had for a few years as I want to learn to crab and fish with my wife and son and explore the San Juan Islands so I thought this would be perfect.  The SE is my first boat that can get over 7 mph.  :smile1: It was a thrill to go 32 WOT.  Looking forward to a great summer

Its also been fun to work on and fix up the way i want over the last several months, like many of you im a project guy and like learning new things. I did some fibreglass repair on the sailboat and even did a thru hull transducer.  On the SE adding the trim tabs was a pretty big job for me. 
91 1511 Sea Explorer - 2008 75hp evinrude E-TEC - lenco 12x9

rrbill

Hello all,
I've been paddling sea kayaks for decades but my arms can only take me so far. Two years ago I started looking for a different way to explore the Salish Sea. I soon discovered this site, and spent a few seasons reading about Arimas and looking at ads before I found my boat last fall...a 99 Sea Explorer with the original Suzuki 70. The seller was a 20-year Coast Guard vet who wanted to step up to a bigger Arima. I liked the way he took care of his boat.
Southern Oregon is my home, but I'm lucky enough to spend time every summer on Cortes Island, B.C. I'm looking forward to taking the Explorer to Cortes this and seeing new places.
This is my first boat with a motor. I had a brief fling with an aluminum skiff two years ago, but even on bluebird days I could see I needed a better boat. I'm likely to pepper the site with "how do I" questions, so I thanks to all in advance for your patience.

Markshoreline

The Sea Explorer is an excellent cruiser as you can anchor and sleep aboard or pull up on the beach and camp.  Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

HntnFsh

Hi all, Suzyque and I have been kicking around getting a new improved to us boat for use on Hoods canal, the Columbia, and hopefully a lot of other places that the 19' Ranger ht we bought should open up for us. Got it from a couple that bought it brand new. Been doing a lot of reading on here. Have lots we want to do it. Starting out with removing lettering and a buff and wax!
2005 Sea Ranger 19HT
2018 Suzuki DF140

GregE

wELKome aboard

3 M wheel to remove lettering and stripes.  does well without messing up gel coat
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

La-Z-Buoy

Quote from: GregE on June 12, 2018, 10:17:42 PM
wELKome aboard

3 M wheel to remove lettering and stripes.  does well without messing up gel coat

Or, hair dryer and plastic putty knife. Assuming they are vinyl letters, not paint.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

HntnFsh

Have a 3m wheel but couldn't find it. Got out the heat gun and a plastic scraper. The vinyl lettering came right off. Then some WD40 and a rag for the adhesive.  Spent a few hours buffing. I can see where the lettering was but only because I knew where it was at. Still have several hours buffing left then a couple coats of wax. Looking better all the time. The stainless rails are nice, but they sure make it a pain to buff on the cabin! Should have took some Ibuprofin before bed last night. Thats a work out and I'm feeling it!

2005 Sea Ranger 19HT
2018 Suzuki DF140

dyarle

Just picked up a 1986 17foot searanger from a guy on here.  Live in Kelso Wa and fish the Columbia river.   Shoot me a message if your down here fishing.    I want to shrimp next year so i will be asking you pointers

SEMPER FIDELIS

tomc585

Newbie on board here! It looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I have been given a 2003 Sea Ranger 21 HT with a Honda 130 that has been in the driveway since at least 2009. On its last journey the motor stopped, boat was towed in and has been sitting untouched on the trailer ever since.
   I am getting ready to retire soon and was looking to get back into boating with a center console but the more I look at this boat the more I like it.

Hydroman

Welcome aboard, looking forward to your adventures are you prepare you new boat for the open waters.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Gary B

Welcome aboard, you'll like having a cuddy cabin in the early mornings over the center console...

GregE

WELKome  Tom
Looking forward to updates on your boat and motor-    and.............  we like pictures!!   :arms:
Greg

BVtodd

Woooo glad y'all made this! I recently purchased a 2006 Sea Hunter 15. Can't wait to take my boys out fishing. Thank y'all again for the resource.
2006 Sea Hunter 15

Matt

Hi everyone.
A close friend retired to Florida and this 1983 Sea Explorer ended up in my driveway. He and his wife are charismatic old salts. They commissioned a Baba 35 from the Ta Shing boatyard, Taiwan in person; waited 2 years for it and lived on it sailing the world doing work for the government for 10 years.  He gave it to me to use as long as I want, with the agreement he gets some money for it if I sell it. Gifted the titles.
What guy needs ANOTHER toy?    :biggrin:
And I don't fish.   :shrug9:

Anyway the history is mostly known.

He found it through a mutual friend in 2004. A widow who's husband bought it new, put maybe 100 hours on it, then had a stroke. It was always garaged. What's curious is the original owner put a 1979 Merc 70 (blue band), manual tilt, on the back. Makes no sense it's not an '83 motor, the widow told my friend that's what it's always had on it.  My friend wasn't able to garage it, but knows how to take care of boats, so it always had a nice cover, kept dry, tilted up. I went out with him in 2004 when he bought it, and I was out with him the last time it ran or got wet in 2012. It ran strong and clean, and we disconnected the fuel hose to let it run dry after flushing with salt-away.  My friend put maybe 50 hours on it. The hour meter says about 150 hours.   I've seen the "another hole" threads on these shorties and I think the floor is rock solid, plus zero denting where the rollers are on the hull for the last 6 years. Aftermarket seats, dual (very old) marine VHF and antennas, two early 90's fish finders, paddle speedo, downriggers, pilot side spotlight, kicker of same main vintage, step-n-tabs set to his liking, hydrofoil on the main cavitation plate, anchor with lots of lead. Original bimini and curtans. Two custom, removable, seats on boxes that allow for storage, for the side wells (by the sinks). Inside the cuddy is very clean, zero moisture (a roll of paper towels in there forever was dry like new). Original spouse approval unit under the bed.  Lots of dock catchers, pokers, life jackets, and all the other usual safety stuff. The powerhead looks about brand new, no corrosion or stiff/brittle/cracked insulation wires anywhere.

It's got a full tank of 6 year old gas I have to probably end up making multiple runs with my 2 5 gallon cans to get rid of at the HazMat place (and clean the tank). And I'm debating if I want to do the water and fuel pump, clean the carbs and wake the motors up myself or pay someone.....  I will get all new fuel hose for sure. 
The wood needs some love but it's not split or wet, just faded. I believe I read it's veneer over marine plywood on these? I haven't poked at it yet to confirm.  The gelcoat is oxidized some wherever the boat cover didn't go, no big deal to me either.
I'm not new to boats and boating, but I am new to cold-blue-water-hypothermia-death-boating (and avoiding rocks, and tides and all that). I'm also a private pilot for fun, charts and weather forecasting are a hobby for me.
So .. Howdy! I'm sure I'll have questions that have already been answered but my search-foo didn't work. 
I would enjoy taking anybody fishing in exchange for some Puget Sound boating experience/knowledge once I get it all running.
Matt

Omega3

If you are close to Tacoma I have a little knowledge to share!
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

La-Z-Buoy

Wow, Matt, welcome.

Good intro and story. The back story on a boat is usually missing when buying/acquiring a used one.

This one will serve you well. Seems like a lot of goodies were included. Even though they may be dated they should work just fine since it seems to have been lightly used and well cared for. But if you really want to spend some money we will certainly help you.  :biggrin:

Good luck with getting the gas and motors sorted out. Always a chore when left sitting for extended periods.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Matt

Quote from: Omega3 on August 17, 2018, 05:10:38 PM
If you are close to Tacoma I have a little knowledge to share!

I'm in Mountlake Terrace. I'm interested to find out what you know and if my friends account lines up! PM me if you want.

Yes La-Z-Bouy I figure you all are good at spending other people's money!

dougers

Hello All,
I recently moved to Michigan and determined that with all this water, I needed a new boat. I have owned a couple bass boats, as that is all I have had the need or want for.  Now, my access to big water, bays, waterfront towns, and islands is seemingly endless.  With that said, I found Arima boats just by looking on the internet.  I want a hard top cuddy that I can trailer regularly.  The 19' Sea Ranger seems to be the perfect boat for my needs.  Perfect for wekend adventures and fishing when time allows.  Anyway, I have been reading as much as I can, but it is too bad these boats aren't more popular on this end of the country.  I would love to hop on one of these gems and take a look first hand before making a long drive somewhere to buy.  Hopefully, I can post a pic of a new to me boat sometime soon!

SeaRun1

After quite a few years of looking and debating I finally jumped in to the Arima world.  I have fished the sound (mostly area 11) since I was a kid and have never had a boat big enough to do Neah Bay properly.  Thankful to go out on others boats out on the coast but now it's my turn to be the captain.  Lots of learning ahead of me so hopefully no one minds the pile of questions that will ensue!

The boat comes from Ferndale and I bought it from a really nice guy.  It is loaded with amenities and has everything a guy needs to pursue most things worth chasing in the sound.  It is a 19' Sea Ranger with a wood hard top.  It will be based out of Manchester hunting kings and silvers.  I am really looking forward to going out to Swiftsure and seeing a halibut on the deck next year.  Hopefully I can find someone willing to let me follow them out there or find someone that knows the drill and wouldn't mind going in my boat.  Looking forward to bringing it home this week.

SR1
2005 Arima Sea Ranger 19 HT Woodie
1986 Lund 16' Cutthroat Chaser

Mooch

Welcome aboard SeaRun1.  Looks like you found yourself one of the late John McFaddin's pretty little Inland Boat hardtop conversions.  Enjoy your sweet ride and new boat family.

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

GregE

WELKome!

Post some picture of that interesting EZ Steer set up when you can   :arms:
Greg

jbw

New member and excited to be a part of the Arima community! Decided to give up restoring my 1961 Glaspar sedan and start looking for an Arima! Seems like the Arima fits that style I fell in love with but with way more backbone.  What years are best regarding ride quality and changes on the hull? Thanks for any input! Also, i am a Honda, Tohatsu, and Yamaha trained outboard mechanic, so if i can ever help any members out with tech information just reach out!