News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Shout out to Tunacious...

Started by Threeweight, June 04, 2018, 12:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threeweight

Just wanted to share what a great guy Walt/Tunacious is.  I mentioned to Streamfixer a while back that I was looking for a tote or an ice bin of some kind to go with my new-to-me ice machine, and he suggested I reach out to Tunacious and see if he knew anyone selling a commercial tote.

Did, and Walt told me about a guy he knew with used restaurant equipment who might have an ice bin.  He drove out there, took some pictures, shared them with me, then gave me a call to discuss.  He drove back out there a 2nd time, bought it for me, and did the hand-off in Oregon City on Saturday as he was driving up to deliver some fish. Was a fraction of the cost of a new one!  Cleaned it up yesterday, going to set the machine on it and start making ice tonight  :dance:

Thanks, Walt!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Rokefin

rasslingref

Walt is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Tunacious

Thanks for the shout out Steve.
I hope it works out for you.
Walt

amazing grace

Walt did something similar for me a few years back. A great fellow. Thanks Walt for all  you do. :dance:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Markshoreline

Very generous of Walt, and there's a whole bunch more guys like that on this forum.  Heck, 3wt doesn't even own an Arima!  :jester:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

BruceL2_Fish

Walt is a very generous and creative guy.    As Mark said, lots of good folks on the board. 
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Threeweight

Quote from: Markshoreline on June 04, 2018, 10:26:28 PMHeck, 3wt doesn't even own an Arima!  :jester:

I still have the hat!

I was in Newport two weeks ago and spotted a nice 21' hardtop w/ Honda power for sale, parked strategically on the the side of the road on the way to the launch ramp at South Beach.  I started walking the dog in that direction till my wife physically blocked my way and said "one boat at a time!".

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Threeweight

Hey, what do you know, it works!  Made about 30 pounds in a 2 hour test run.

When do the Tuna! arrive?

--- Hunter S. Thompson