News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Nootka 2018

Started by Markshoreline, August 19, 2018, 10:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

Yes, it could be the Canadian magnetism but I'm thinking wear from several reinstallations.  Guess I'll replace the last remaining old one in addition to the one gone missing. 
I know that I'd hate to be riding a bike or walking on the road when one of those come flying off from a trailer going by at 60 mph!!!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

J Chaser

I had the same trouble and ended up replacing my hubs as well. Too many bearing packs I think....

J.
Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

troll4fish

I did not see that a bearing buddy had fallen off coming out of Moutcha Bay Resort two years ago and found out in the middle of Seattle on the 405! had to park the boat trailer in a shopping center and run around to find new bearings! after adding a second axle making the trailer a tandem I now have switched to EZ Lube housings as they are not spring loaded and so far so good! remove the rubber cap and grease up, replace the cap and go!

bumpy dirt roads are hell on trailers!
92 Sea Chaser 17
2004 (2015 total rebuild) Mercury 90 EFI 4 stroke
2014 Honda 8hp full remote power tilt!

Markshoreline

I have the ez lube housings (I believe, they have a grease nipple and fit inside the hub) and have the bearing buddies on the outside.  I fill them both up with grease and hope that it helps avoid water penetration.

Hydroman

Mark,

Looks like you have belt and suspenders, you have it covered.

I also have the EZ Lube and I have found if you follow the EZ Lube instructions and pump grease until it comes out around the grease gun nozzle it leaves little space for water to accumulate.

By the way I lost an EZ Load cap on my last trip to Nootka, but lost mine between Renton and Mt Vernon.  I couldn't mind a replacement and ended up taking a disposable rubber glove and duct taping in place.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Markshoreline

Hub condominium, I like that and bet you had some laughs!

GoodDays

I have a box of bearing buddies for sale... Probably over a dozen.....   I keep finding them on the Road   :shrug9:

Great to see You Guys !  Im hoping to get down that way Soon !!

GoodDays Greg

Markshoreline

You come on down anytime, Greg.  We owe you several meals and overnighters!

And I missed Peddler's question about where we were fishing in the ocean...
It was just North of Maquinna point maybe a mile or two.  Most of our fish were taken near the two sets of rocks.

GoodDays

That's called "Wash Rocks"     Hows the Beach Fishing ?   :shark:

GoodDays Greg

Markshoreline

It was really fun and after we developed a trolling strategy and figured out the depth it was awesome!,,