News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Possible "Group buy" on factory Skip tower?

Started by amazing grace, January 19, 2014, 08:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seattleflyfisher

Belinda.........are saying the complete skip tower is ball parking at around $500?

SFF

Salmon King

Quote from: Seattleflyfisher on January 26, 2014, 10:01:22 PM
Belinda.........are saying the complete skip tower is ball parking at around $500?

SFF

Minus the canvas maybe?
One could only hope......
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Salmon King

PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

t2shortb

PM sent .. this might be the end to my secret pilot house build that I was going to try and finish before Salmon King!!!!  :clap:
Women want me.... Fish fear me......
86 17SC  "Krippled Mullet"
2012 ETEC 115
2006/2003 Yamaha F8/F6 Frankin-clash (dont ask)

Chief of the Boat

Five hundred for a complete skip-tower sounds too good to be true :shrug9:

StreamFixer

Quote from: BurnsieBabe on January 26, 2014, 09:25:18 PM
Hey Russ,

The Arima skiptowers that I think everyone is contemplating is the SS welded skiptower, with fiberglass top, made by the same manufacturer/weld shop we have used for twenty years or so with the footplates made to fit the specific models mentioned in my other post.  With a thin neoprene pad in between the footplates and the boat you will get a nice fit.  The tops will already be mounted onto the skip tower and the grab rails, lights and rocket launchers can be negotiated.  These skip towers are moderately easy to install with the toughest part, to my way of thinking, getting the light hooked up properly to your switch panel. Other than that, it is a simple bolt, washer and nut installation.

Belinda

I agree with COB   :hoboy:

Belinda,

So what would one of those systems cost if individually purchased, i.e., not under some kind of a group purchase plan (not including shipping of course)?  ...  just so the folks can have a reality check in the matter...

There is obviously some interest if the price is right.

And since I have no dogs in this fight, and it is not my goal to burst any body's bubble, I will climb back up onto my porch and butt out...  Best of luck to all.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

CanvasGuy

:clap:

Russ,,, You and I know that there's no Quick, cheep fix for the lack of a premium stand up enclosure..
a custom one, as We have, are just the ticket..better than a hard top in my opinion...
but Hey!...Dreamers are everywhere ...time will tell..:yeahthat:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Seattleflyfisher

I know I paid about $2300 for my Stainless Steel rack and I did get thicker tubing. Maybe the Stainless Steel has came down in price.

Crossing my fingers for you guys.

SFF

Chief of the Boat

I know some of you might still believe in the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny.  The reality is the price of a outboard counter top is $400 with two stainless hinges and clips.
:twocents:
Terry

GregE

Info added by Belinda on Pg 1

No prices are being discussed and amount I mentioneded above was only for the fiberglass top that was sold last month (not attached to skip tower, no lights, no grab bars, not reinforced - just a white fiberglass top). 
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

amazing grace

That is correct. I am pretty sure "most" everyone knew a factory skip tower ready to mount to your boat was not going to be $500 :whistle:

Back on track. Thanks to those who have expressed interest.  I do have the list going. Please pm me if you wish to be included.

Thanks again.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Humboldtfisher

My top and canvas are all original from 2000 and are pretty beat-up. I am interested, but not knowing the negotiated price for the skip tower and contemplating the cost/time factor of pick-up are keeping me "on the fence". Any other CA Arima owners thinking about this? If so, maybe we could pool resources for pick-up in WA.

Ross
2000 SC17 with 2018 Yamaha 90 hp.
Home port = Trinidad, CA.

amazing grace

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

Tom Mac

I may be interested as well, if there is others on the Island here who would like to split transport. I do not have a PU truck
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Jon Lawrence

The Skip tower is not $500.00... Just thought I should clear the air here with that one.... Greg is quite accurate as we try and follow the forum as much as possible so we are aware of what is being planned and are interested in your proposal.

But I do want to be clear, a skip tower does NOT run $500.00 that's a very raw glass top ONLY and is WITHOUT any accessories (rails, lights, screws.. Anything)

Anyways, I look forward to your guys proposal please email them to JonL@DefianceBoats.com and feel free to CC Don at Don@DefianceBoats.com

Markshoreline

$500 for the fiberglass top only- clear enough!

Jon,
What would the metal structure necessary to turn the top into a skip tower go for (again, no hardware included)?

Thanks,
Mark
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

amazing grace

Thank you Jon for your comments. Once we have the complete list of interested members by the Valentines day deadline we will contact you with that info for your consideration. If anyone wants to know the price for a factory skiptower outside of what Defiance might do for those who have expressed interest in this group buy,  please feel free to contact them for their stardard price. I would ask that you do not ask for that info in this thread though.  Thank you.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

fullphase

Hey Guys, new to the site, glad I seen this listing because I have been searching for a skip tower for the past few months.  I have a 17 foot sea ranger, so am assuming would fit my boat.  I am on Vancouver Island, so I would have to see what the price came in at to make a 'for sure' decision.  So at this point sign me up....I will dust off the passport....road trip!!!

Mike

amazing grace

Hi Guys and Gals, just a heads up. Happy Valentines day btw :dance:

Today is the deadline to get on the list. No one will be added after today so now is the time. I have the current list so if you have pm'd me or posted in this thread I have you down.

We will be presenting Defiance with the list next week for their consideration. As I have asked previously. Please do not contact them directly about this. If Defiance does offer us, and that is an "if". I will contact each of you with the details. Again, I would like to thank each of you for participation, patience and help to this point. Have a wonderful day with your sweetheart..

Thanks, AG
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

BruceL2_Fish

AG, thanks for the update.  Will be interesting to see what the numbers look like if Defiance is willing to present a offer.   It sure would be nice to add a skip tower. 

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Day late and dollar short ....I would be in if they will bolt to my sea pacer.

fullphase

Thanks for doing the leg work on this one AG. 

amazing grace

I need the following model and year on the following member's boat's plz.

Full phase
yellow lab
corky12
seattle-Arima.

Please provide as soon as possible.

Thanks. 
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

fullphase

amazing grace

Just an update as I know the end of Feb. is approaching. The list was compiled and submitted.  As you might imagine Defiance is very, very busy (probably their busiest time of year) so are some of their vendors. They will respond to our request but we need to be patient. They need to
work with their vendor's to get things figured out to get us the best deal possible. All the while, building boat's and running the other aspects of their operation.

I will contact all of you when we get the details from them. Or if another update is necessary.  Thank you.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler