News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

I want! I want! What do you think on price?

Started by wedocq, January 23, 2015, 06:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedocq

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4852521316.html

Oh man I want this boat! What do you think? Am I insane to upgrade over just a few feet? Overall length is nearly 31'! So it's quite a bit bigger than my 21' hardtop. Check out that dance floor...ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Danno

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

wedocq

There are none! But what people do is use fish bags on the swim step, or coolers on the dance floor. If you have ever been on this Parker, you know the dance floor is HUGE!
-Shawn

wedocq

Dance floor is 115" x 91"! Oh man, I am day dreaming of a tuna bait stop with that dance floor!... :biggrin:

Threeweight

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

rasslingref

Don't do it!  Way too much work to fun ratio.
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

Kimbrey

I really screwed up jumping 4' from 22' to my current 26' Shawn. I should've looked for a 32' or larger Downeast style (lobster) boat.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Just kidding.
Kim
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

StreamFixer

I think you should run down and write a check for it, and, while you are at it, buy a bigger truck so you can haul it  :party: 

And that motor is simply not big enough.  It should have a at least a 250 on it and I am sure you can work a deal at the show Saturday...   :cha:

Then bring both home and surprise Tanya  :bigshock: with the whole package....   :stirthepot:   As the old saying goes, you may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb....   :hoboy:

I am sure she would love it...   :whistle:

See you around lunch time Sat., unless you are dragging it home   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Markshoreline

As the lone dissenter here I think that's an amazing boat at a great price! Wonder what the engine hours are, though.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Peddler

I know the guy that owns that boat. This is a PROVEN salmon, halibut, shrimp, and TUNA! machine!  I posted a tuna bait stop video in a thread on this site a few months ago... That video was filmed on this boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Peddler

Quote from: StreamFixer on January 23, 2015, 08:29:22 PM

And that motor is simply not big enough.  It should have a at least a 250 on it and I am sure you can work a deal at the show Saturday...   :cha:

It does have a 250. It does the job just fine.

Wishin' I was Fishin'

Salmon King

Shawn that is an amazing boat at a great price I'll give you that. (I dream of owning a boat just like that all the time...then I come to my senses  :wink:).
A couple of the many, many questions I would be asking myself is...
How will I be able to afford to use it...and...Can I use it enough to justify the expense as compared to my current boat that already does everything I ask of it?
As long as I could honestly answer an unequivocal YES! to both I'd probably run out and get it. 
But if not...well you get the idea.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

La-Z-Buoy

Quote from: Salmon King on January 23, 2015, 09:47:04 PM
Shawn that is an amazing boat at a great price I'll give you that. (I dream of owning a boat just like that all the time...then I come to my senses  :wink:).
A couple of the many, many questions I would be asking myself is...
How will I be able to afford to use it...and...Can I use it enough to justify the expense as compared to my current boat that already does everything I ask of it?
As long as I could honestly answer an unequivocal YES! to both I'd probably run out and get it. 
But if not...well you get the idea.

Jeez SK, you don't have to go and get all logical about it  :doh:  :biggrin: !
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Red 22

Rumor on another thread,   Parkers are tuna killing machines.
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

Salmon King

Sorry but that's how I think when I'm considering a major purchase.

Whenever I want to spend big bucks I ask myself those questions and even then...before I buy I figure out how long I will have to work to pay for it and weigh the benefit of buying vs. the amount of work. 
I was supposed to retire on the 1st of the year but thanks to a couple of large purchases a few years back I need to continue to work 4 more years.

What I really need are Woody's winning Lottery Numbers! :jester:
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

BayWolf

Life is one ride around the block.  Imagine rounding the last corner regretting you hurried around the last three!  Unless you would be putting the well being or future of your family at risk, do what makes the passing of time enjoyable.  After all, what are we working for if not to enjoy the things we earn from working!   :twocents:
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

StreamFixer

Quote from: BayWolf on January 24, 2015, 12:34:34 AM
After all, what are we working for if not to enjoy the things we earn from working!   :twocents:

There are those who believe that we are working to preserve our body in tip top shape and have a huge bank account when we die.  :shark:

I do not happen to be among that bunch   :biggrin:  (usually to my wife's chagrin  :facepalm: )

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

wedocq

To my surprise, Tanya didn't wince too bad when I mention it to her. I guess it helps I am just a few months from paying off the Nauti Tauni. I have put so much time, effort and money into making her exactly what I want, I don't know if I want to sell it.  :shrug9: I emailed him for a little info. I imagine it wont be around forever. I wonder if Tanya will be ok with 2 boats in the backyard?  :biggrin: How's that worked out for all you Arima hoarders? :whistle:
-Shawn

wedocq

Quote from: The Peddler on January 23, 2015, 09:41:47 PM
I know the guy that owns that boat. This is a PROVEN salmon, halibut, shrimp, and TUNA! machine!  I posted a tuna bait stop video in a thread on this site a few months ago... That video was filmed on this boat.

Matt,
Have you ridden in his boat? I have never fished off of a Parker. I have heard they ride similar to an Arima. Just curious.
-Shawn

E-TEC Pacer

The dance floor looks too shallow and would hit ya at the knees or below. I don't think that would be a good idea if a person was back there when it was a bit sloppy. Maybe it's just the angle the picture was taken from. Just my  :twocents:
17' '05 Pacer
2014 E TEC 90
I'd get rid of my wife before I'd get rid of my
E TEC and I really love my wife.

GoodDays

There have been a few Parker's around here lately.  nice looking boats !!

A bit too big for me though.

GoodDays Greg

BruceL2_Fish

The cockpit is shallow on the one I fished out of and hit my legs lower than I liked.  For Shawn it would be worse.   Nice boat but is it as versitale as what you have now.   How would you launch it where you shrimp?

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Kimbrey

I rode with Kerry (GHfishing) on his 26' a couple of years ago before he started chartering.  He then replaced it with a 28'.  I thought it was a bit on the rough side but I think that with my Duck.  Maybe if you are doing over 20 knots it's always a bit on the rough side.  Also Parker I think has or had two different "V's".  One shallower which would give you a bit more rougher ride.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Peddler

Quote from: wedocq on January 24, 2015, 07:16:44 AM
Quote from: The Peddler on January 23, 2015, 09:41:47 PM

Matt,
Have you ridden in his boat? I have never fished off of a Parker. I have heard they ride similar to an Arima. Just curious.
-Shawn

No, I have not. The owner is a friend of a friend, and a residential contractor. He's done some work for me, and we've fished together on our mutual friends boat.  When I have a chance to get back to my computer, I'll dig-up the tuna video that was shot in this boat.

Wishin' I was Fishin'

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸