News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Honda Touch-up Paint?

Started by dbhazjack, January 15, 2014, 03:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbhazjack

Hey Guys, I can't be the only one that has done this (oh please  :doh:), but last year on one of the pulls up to CQ I left the motorwell table on the supports with bungees. It didn't stay put and rubbed through the paint on my main motor cover. Not much, just a small area.

Anyone found a good solution for this. Honda sells a touch up kit for about $100. Seems a bit much for such a small job. Apparently I'll need to sand, mask, prime, paint, and clear coat the area. Anyone done this and have leftover materials they want to sell? My motor cover is Honda Oyster Silver.

Needless to say, I'll remove the table and transport in the down position for long distance in the future.  Maybe add some rub protection too.

Thanks,
Dave
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

Threeweight

I'd go to an auto parts store and look for a close match in their little $5.99 touch up paint kits.  I've done this with my Suzuki, but it is pretty easy to color match gloss black!

Re: the table, I split some rubber fuel hose and added it to the edges of mine.  It will still scuff the motor a little bit if I try and raise it with the table down, but much better than the hard fiberglass against the paint on the motor.  Some kind of felt edge or pad might also work well.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Seattleflyfisher

I have re sprayed a complete Honda cowling. You can buy the rattle cans for the year of your cowling and remember to also get the clear spray.

I believe your local Honda shop will have the paint. Not sure if I bought them from iboats.com

Just a little project for you.

SFF

Chief of the Boat

ak-angler

Just put a big ol' Monster Energy sticker over it. I hear that Monster stickers make everything more powerful!

I bet this Toyota could tow a whole planet!  :jester:

1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

Red 22

On the way home one time, I stopped by my local auto paint store they color matched some paint then put it in a spray can for $ 20.00
Tony

05' Red Legend 22 skip tower, Honda 225, Honda 9.9,  Garmin 740s, Garmin HD 18 radar Garmin GHP10 auto-pilot
"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go.
-Sterling Hayden

Old No7

Quote from: SeattleflyfisherYou can buy the rattle cans for the year of your cowling and remember to also get the clear spray.

That's what I've done too -- MUCH cheaper than $100!!!

Old No7
"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

dbhazjack

Thanks Guys, I'll check with my local Honda dealer, which just happens to be Defiance! Either them or King Salmon in Tacoma. Good folks. I'm always looking to save dollars, but hard to beat factory products. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right....(maybe that "saying" should be in another post  :biggrin:)

Appreciate, as always, the value of this forum.
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD