News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

NASA fly over, for you aviation enthusiast

Started by AJFishin, August 23, 2023, 05:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJFishin

NASA's DC-8 over the last few days, has been flying over a good portion of California at low altitudes to collect data on air quality and pollution. Today it's been flying around the LA and San Bernardino areas and so far, it has gone directly over my house 3 times, where back in 2019 it had a different course.
It was cool to see the old girl flying over at one of the lowest altitudes on her mission flying at 210kts (241 mph) at an altitude of 1,775 on her last pass, which her lowest today over my place was just under 1,600' earlier this afternoon.
I've always enjoyed aviation since I grew up next door to LAX, literally across the street of the southside of the western end of the runway at LAX.  :jester:

'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser