News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

California Delta boaters beware

Started by Fisherdv, January 15, 2019, 02:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherdv

There has been a spike of stolen boats, motors, electronics etc. all over the California Delta area. Some boats are takin from their dock, stripped, and motor left running and abandoned. Mostly at night. Thought I would get the word out to anyone that docks a boat on the Delta or anywhere for that matter.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Hunter

Man... that really sucks.    In the 70's and 80's my main stomping grounds were around the Rio Vista area and we had no problems like this.   I hate thieves and actually would like to see some "Judge Roy Bean" justice applied to let them know that there is a substantial penalty for their crime.   

But then.... we are talking about CA...... where even putting a lock on your outboard will apparently somehow cause cancer or violate some criminals civil rights.   

2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Fishin Machine

I just read about this in the news. Last October when my boat was in a slip the people at the marina said a boat was stolen earlier in the summer. They found the boat, but it was stripped.
DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

Wiley

Also beware of craigslist postings for cheap parts etc. they're going to try to sell them somewhere
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!