News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Great Coolers For Companion Seat Storage

Started by Secret Spot, February 09, 2011, 08:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secret Spot

The link below is for AO Coolers.  I bought 2 off the 48 pack coolers at the Fred Hall Fishing Show and they fit perfectly inside the Companion Seat Storage.  I went on a three day trip a couple of weeks ago to the Point Conception area and filled one up with 3 blocks of ice and food and the other with 40 pound of cubed and beer.  The coolers performed amazingly.  When I emptied out the coolers upon my return which was day 4 (for the ice), I still had plenty of ice in the coolers.  They are completely sealed and don't leak.  I think placing them inside of the companion storage just inhanced their performance.  In any event, I thought some of you might be interested.

http://www.aocoolers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=131&ParentCat=9

Larry - Secret Spot

StreamFixer

Good to know.  I'll be keeping an eye out for the AO brand soft siders.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Secret Spot

Yeah, good quality product.  Easy to clean as well.  They have a heavy rubber bladder on the inside that is easy to wash and dry off to have them ready for the next trip.  I realize I'm sounding like I sell these things or something.  But really, I looked for a long time to find the optimal product for this application and I was extremely stoked (surfing term) with the way they worked out...

Larry - Secret Spot

beancounter

Looks like a nice cooler but a little pricey. Why don't you contact them and see if they will offer our group a discount maybe a discount code like arima or abog.

wedocq

Larry,
That does look pretty cool! Its big enough to hold 48 beers :whistle: I have been using the term "stoked" since high school :biggrin:. I never know it was surfing term. I guess you learn something everyday!

-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Secret Spot

Jack,

The coolers hold quite a bit--I was pleasantly surprised. The fit is perfect for the companion storage...  We do a lot of multiple day trips and these coolers have served that purpose extremely well...

Good to hear that I'm not speaking a foreign language. 

Larry - Secret Spot