News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bring this to America?

Started by Yachter Yat, March 17, 2020, 10:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yachter Yat

Found a listing for a little older model.  Given the current exchange rate, I believe this rig should go for somewhere around $10k plus, U.S.  http://media.cloud.2000.co.nz/SuperContainer/RawData/e-Business_Master/rSdYpLMQUJqpSgCHHZtKc6ZJAagZg3BpVsfJ2QSm9YmxuJfRjf/XhkKisZtutRpxkLiU3P2v1a267ZJH1t9NS5FEM7coxZF7KrnIf/Marine_Products_438/Other_Zenith_4.0_Fisher_2011_Albany_438.pdf    Looks like this could fit on a Triton aluminum PWC trailer.  I think those carry around 1700 lbs. with a torflex axle. 

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

AJFishin

Quote from: Fisherdv on April 03, 2020, 09:29:48 PM
Yat, I found your jet ski alternative......

https://youtu.be/IcjgSJ9kE7s

That must be the updated version of this :jester:.......

'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Yachter Yat

Absurdity aside, this is a glimpse of what you guys would see, passing you on a sloppy day, as you're heading back in.   Any attempt to catch-up in your Arima would be fruitless.........as Mother Nature would begin removing your back teeth, and you're spinal cord would feel as though it's turning to jelly.   I know, getting real on your ass hurts a little.   Haha

Yat

P.S.  I'm beginning to believe, these "Kiwis" are so far ahead of us, we'll never catch-up.  Ha
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Unfortunately, that's all it is, a picture of a boat moving across the water. With the logistics involved to acquire this boat, I don't see it happening.

Yachter Yat

They deliver Stabis by the boatload to the Northwest.  BTW, Stabis are made almost "next door" to Advanced Fibreglass.......(Yes, that's how they spell it) Ha   When the "scurge" is over, I'm sure we'll find a way.   

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

If they were able to deliver that boat with a Stabi shipment to the NW, then you have another 3000 mile trip to the East coast. But, as they say, money talks.

Yachter Yat

Yeah, I know.  I thought about that already.  Maybe I'd fly out, throw it in the back of a 16 foot enclosed UHaul box truck, and just enjoy the scenery on the way home.  I'd really like this boat, but I have my "limits".       

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

Quote from: Yachter Yat on April 04, 2020, 11:24:35 AM
   Yeah, I know.  I thought about that already.  Maybe I'd fly out, throw it in the back of a 16 foot enclosed UHaul box truck, and just enjoy the scenery on the way home.  I'd really like this boat, but I have my "limits".       

Yat

Yachter Yat

That's what I like about you, AJ........you're always so encouraging. Ha   BTW, interesting to see the Zenith 4.0 Fisher weighs-in at roughly 770 lbs.  Only 130 shy of a Sea Hunter?  Rated at up to 70 HP?  That's gotta be one tough little bastard.  Judging by some of the sea conditions I've seen (from pics and vids) in New Zealand, I can see where it would have to be.  Wow!  That's a helluva place down there.  Now I know why most of their boats look the way they do.

I don't think I'd ever do more than a 50 Honda on that boat.  That said, given that deep V, as well as that transom design, I'd say that little craft has an extreme amount of buoyancy at the 'arse end'.     I'm sure it would hold 60/70 class motors, no problem.   Would be a "rocket ship".    I wouldn't want it though..........I think simply being a "jet fighter" is plenty.  Haha 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

When I repowered I would have liked to got a bigger motor, but I had to consider everything that I bring with me and people that go with me, when out fishing, so over all boat weight was the deciding factor.
My thoughts on a larger motor for you; nothing wrong with.....

:jester:

Yachter Yat

So, the way I figure it, the Zenith 4 meter Fisher looks to be about 1250 lbs., in the water.  It's like this: 

Hull  (per factory spec.)                        771 lbs.
     Honda 50 (with prop and controls)         220  "
     Battery                                                  50  "
     fuel  (assuming 12 gals. w/tank)              80  "
     Electronics and gear (est.)                     129 

Total estimated weight in water         1250 lbs.

From my research, it appears those fairly large PWC's (equipped to fish) seem to weigh-in at a bit over 900 lbs.  While the "Z" is really a boat, and therefore, not exactly a fair comparison, the point in this respect is simply that it could prove to be a potential alternative; or perhaps more appropriately, a viable 'transition' for those who currently own (and use) a PWC for angling purposes.  Further, and as I've said before, we can't really dismiss the prospective market that may be created from those seriously considering a smaller, yet seaworthy and capable, craft. 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

Well.......I finally decided to get a couple of quotes on what it would cost to ship the Zenith Fisher from Dunedin, New Zealand, to the U.S.   Estimated cost to drop it off in Baltimore, MD. is $4000 U.S.  Course, I'd then have to drive down, have it loaded on my dump trailer and haul it home.  I don't imagine it would be too bad, at somewhere around 850 lbs. with the crate.  Trip from Windham would be roughly 422 miles and 7 hrs. drive time...one way.  I think this route would actually be cheaper than having it dropped in the NW, then shipped across the Country.   Get this:  As an alternative, Fedex would fly-it-in to Manchester/Boston regional airport, here in N.H.  Nice part about that is it's just a short trip up the road for me.  Oh...........the cost for that service?...........Just under $18,000. Haha  Thought you'd find that interesting. Ha

The trip to Baltimore actually sounds reasonable.  Trouble is, New Zealand's Prime Minister (a woman called Jacinda Ardern) stopped all foreign nationals from entering the Country some time ago.  Guess it was a smart thing, as they've only had one death so far from this virus, and (from what we read) only a couple hundred or so reported cases of this disease.  As a result, of course, things are as shut down in NZ as everywhere else in the World.  So we'll have to wait just a bit longer to see what happens, I guess. 

BTW, if anybody on the East Coast is reading this, and happens to be thinking about importing a boat from NZ  (maybe the Zenith, or one of the aluminum boats such as the Stabicrafts or Frewzas), this might be a good time to give it some serious consideration.  I don't know if this would apply, but just thinking of the potential discount the shipper might be willing to offer, having more than just one boat  to this destination.  Again, this wouldn't happen tomorrow, given our current situation, but just trying to stay optimistic about the near future; in the face of everything.

Yat

16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Wiley

86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Yachter Yat

Yeah, Wiley.........those are kinda cool.  Wouldn't have to worry too much about beaching. 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

Man.......She's a little beauty!  Think I'm going to ask her to marry me.  HahahaYat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Danno

Recognize two things with that boat:

1) While it has a steeper entry angle, on that light of a boat it won't make much difference when coming off a swell and landing in back on the water. You'll still get that hammering we love in Arimas.

2) The aft end also has a much steeper angle so every time someone moves to port or starboard, the boat is going to lean heavily.

You're nuts to even consider for a fishing boat. 
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Yachter Yat

Here's my response:   1.  Wrong!

2.  Marginally wrong!

3.  Fish?  Fish for what? 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

Yat since you won't be fishing from this boat you won't need rod holders, so this could be your first upgrade  :jester:

Wiley

If you go to the poly craft site you'll see that it's actually like a mini tunnel hull on the far outer 6" port and starboard, interesting. Also 18' size. By the time you add everything up it's not worth it but interesting designs
10' Don Hill Pram

Yachter Yat

AJ:   C'mon man......what'sa matter with you?  Rod holders?  Hahahaha    Now that I'm done laughing, let me tell you:  This boat  will have four...........two 15 degree and two 0 degree.  I'd only get 'em to hold canvas support poles, umbrellas, slide-in drink holders....things like that! 

Rod holders.............haha   That's so funny.

Yat   

You know....the more I think about it though......if I ever change my mind, I might just use one of those "rod" holders, someday.   That is, if I ever get the desire to make a quick 45 MPH run, (25 miles out) to get my "one allowable" 21 inch Cod.  Haha
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Wiley

10' Don Hill Pram

Wiley

10' Don Hill Pram

Yachter Yat

Wiley;   What kind of boat is that? 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

I don't know what I was thinking Yat  :redface:  This is more your style, fits right in those flush mounts rod holders 😄