News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bring this to America?

Started by Yachter Yat, March 17, 2020, 10:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yachter Yat

Sea Doo would probably take out a "contract" on the guy who brought to the U.S.  Ha   See here:  https://nzboats.kiwi/4-0-sport-new-zealand/   (Note:  Won't immediately link to the correct model.   I'm talking about the "4.0 Fisher".  Just scroll down and click-on the picture on their site.)   Would this be a much better alternative to fishing offshore on a "watercycle", or what? 

Yat

Edit:  I want one!  I'll get three........one for me and one each for Salmon and Fixer.  Ha    I understand these are made by a company called Advanced Fiberglass in Dunedin, NZ  Wish I could find more pics, or maybe a test. 
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

More on the above:  When you go to that site, click on "boats", then click 4.0 Fisher.  A few more pics.   Imagine that with a 50 Honda?  Holy smoke.......I think I just wet myself.  Haha

Specs show weight at 350kgs (a little over 771 lbs.)   Do you think that includes the motor?   A Honda 40/50 weighs-in a around 214.  That would leave approx. 557 for that (roughly) 13'-2" hull.   Would that be correct, I wonder??

Yat

Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

https://nzboats.kiwi/5-9-agressor-new-zealand/   Again, scroll down and click-on the 4.0.  Little better look, maybe.   

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Old No7

Quote from: Yachter Yat on March 17, 2020, 10:29:36 AM
   Sea Doo would probably take out a "contract" on the guy who brought to the U.S.  Ha   See here:  https://nzboats.kiwi/4-0-sport-new-zealand/   (Note:  Won't immediately link to the correct model.   I'm talking about the "4.0 Fisher"...

THAT'S what you get when an Arima mates with a Sea Doo.

:bigshock:

Old No7
"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

ohmytodd

That 5.9 aggressor ain't too shabby either! One of each, please!
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Yachter Yat

Old 7;  Ha.....that's pretty funny.   I'll say this though:  Market this little boat smartly, and you could probably say "goodbye" to about half the sea sleds currently sold for fishing purposes.   Hey.....I was just thinking:  Based on what you said, maybe Bo should consider buying a SeaDoo and locking it in room, overnight, with a Sea Hunter.   It would be something this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZdUO3fizDg   Haha

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

AJFishin

That boat reminds me of my dad's old 65' Glasspar marathon, but updated
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Yachter Yat

Glasspar.  There's a name I haven't heard for a while.  I used to love some of those old runabouts.  I especially liked some of the small Larsons.  Despite their small size, those closed-bow designs did offer a fair amount of seaworthiness.  That said, I'm affraid we couldn't compare those with the Zenith, as it's a bit of a different animal.   26 degrees at the transom tells us this thing is probably a little rocket ship by comparison.  I can only imagine, this thing must take waves something like a jet ski.   Wouldn't take long to go out 20 to get my one allowable Cod, eh?  Haha 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

The best shots are if you scroll down and click on the picture of the 4.0 Fisher   https://nzboats.kiwi/5-9-agressor-new-zealand   Hey, do we realize what we're looking at here?   I mean, how many of these little buggers do you suppose we could sell in this Country?........1000?.......5000?   Maybe more!   How many Sea Doos would these replace?   I swear, every third house, situated on every canal, in every town and city, up and down both Coasts of Florida would have one of these sitting in a "rack" outside their door.   

Me want!   Of course, if I bought one, I'd have to send them a few "special Sea Dog parts" for them to install on mine. Ha    Let's see:  4 safety cleats, small cast stainless bow roller, small 11" padded stainless steering wheel.  And oh yeah...SeaLux 316 stainless bow eye.  I'd also skip the canvas, rod holders and that stern ladder; I'd do those myself.   

Now me "really want"!  Haha   Wouldn't it be nice if Bo could get his hands on the molds for this one?  Paint 'em Arima's nice "Colonial White" and hang a Honda 50 on the back?  YEEOWZER!   I couldn't get my checkbook out fast enough.   

Bo........are you listening?

Yat

Forgot to say:   The decal on the side would say........ARIMA  "Sea Scout".   How 'bout that? 
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

beancounter

Yat have you seen the prices Aussies pay for boats downunder. Insane and would be even more insane imported here. Best bet is build your own copy. I do like them . Very sporty looking.

Yachter Yat

Bean:  You're not taking into consideration the exchange rate between the U.S. and New Zealand.  Use caution when seeing these numbers.  Right now it's this:  $1.00 U.S. equals $1.77 New Zealand.  This is really a great time to buy.  One of our members got a price on a Frewza (from NZ) this past January.  He said a $32,000 Frewza was quoted at something like $21,000 U.S., after the exchange rate was applied.  Shipping from NZ to San Diego was $2000.  Additionally, he mentioned an additional 15% discount for export orders.  I'm not sure how, or on what basis, that would have applied, but it seemed quite encouraging. 

BTW, here's one of these "bare naked little devils" sitting on a trailer in a pic in this article.  https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/zenith-4-0-fisher_topic89146.html    Me want bad..........."Very bad"!   Ha     Guess I'm going to have to get in touch with these guys.  I don't why Bo wouldn't (or couldn't) import these.  Would make things at lot easier.   

Yat   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Nice little Fisher Yat. Did you notice in one of the pictures the two small, padded coolers in the jumpseat area? That's exactly what I suggest doing in place of the Arima jump seats. Two small Yeti coolers work great for that.

I also saw it has a 26 degree deadrise. Would probably ride nice, but could get a little tippy at rest.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Yachter Yat

Fisher;  Yes, I saw those coolers and agree....definitely more useful than just having the seats.   One thing though:  When we fished with our 16 SC, I always used one big cooler; placed against the center panel ahead of the fuel tank.  Just never wanted to give up being able to stand far aft and against the bait hatches.  Just my preference, I guess.   

Also, I did notice the 26 degree deadrise on the Zenith 4.0 Fisher.  I'd bet you a dime to a dollar this thing is capable of running quite fast....and probably fairly smoothly, for its size.  Something like a Jet Ski I would imagine, only waaay better, as it's a bit longer and wider.  And, needless to say.....much, much "drier".

Yeah, this is no "tugboat", that's for sure.  One thing about the potential of being "tippy" at rest, that you mentioned:  While, yes, having a steeper V at the transom may exacerbate this, I think that could be somewhat alleviated by installing a fairly large set of trim tabs.  A large set of tabs on that small hull would have quite an effect in acting to negate some of that movement at rest.  If you ever want to test that, simply go to the kitchen cabinet, get two of your wife's dinner plates, and hold one in each hand underwater.  Now lift and lower each, as though to simulate the rocking motion of a boat.  You'll see what I mean.  Oh yeah......I should warn you:  Do not let the wife catch you doing this.  Haha

In any event, if I manage to somehow get a nod or a wink from the factory on this little "Kiwi", then you'll probably be seeing a "listing" shortly thereafter.  Don't get me wrong......it's not that I don't absolutely love my Arima.  Donny and the boys did an unbelievable job building this little beauty.  I've always kept it garaged, and it looks like the day I brought it home.  I tell people:  "You could eat steak off the floor and soup out of the bilge". Ha   We put the new 60 Honda on a few years ago and, I'd have to go look again, but only have somewhere around 150 hrs. on it.   It's just that, as time goes by, I find myself using it less and less.  Guess you could say it's getting hard to justify having it take-up the garage space for the 4 to (maybe) 5 times a year I might be using it. 

You know, the more I look at the Zenith 4.0, the more I realize how this boat may indeed be the perfectly sized (and designed) craft for people such as myself.  Since the wife and I only go out on the best days, and usually not much more than an occasional 10 mile trip offshore, I feel confident this boat would serve our purpose.  The other advantage may be how this smaller boat could allow easier access to some of the freshwater haunts we've always been so reluctant to visit.   I suppose it's simply that I really no longer have a need for (what might be considered), a full sized boat.  I feel as though I'm getting to a point where I don't want to spend as much time maintaining a bigger boat, nor do I want to have to dedicate the space to store it.  I should admit; part of my mindset in this respect is probably due to the fact that my priorities have changed a bit over the years as well.  Despite that, I don't honestly think I could ever really live without having the ability to get out on the water.  These are just some of the reasons I believe the Zenith 4.0 Fisher might be the best alternative.  I have to say though......whether this idea comes to fruition or not, I'll always be one of Arima's biggest fans. 

Yat

16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

I hear ya Yat. Personally, If I did not fish, I would not own a boat.

Yachter Yat

I hear you as well.  To each his own....as they say.  Years ago, that's all we did was fish.  These days however, the regs for angling off our Coast are so restrictive, it's just not worth the 20 to 25 mile run out to the "Ledge".  Whether we fish or not, it's just nice to be on the water.  Sightseeing, swimming or whatever.....doesn't matter to us. 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Yat, you might find this interesting........there's even a shot of your old VW Bug........

https://youtu.be/Q22GcmmnEBA

Yachter Yat

Haha......Yeah, I remember seeing that.  If you don't mind aluminum, those Stabis and Frewzas are quite the boats.  They've come a long way, that's for sure.  Sorry though............"rugged" is one thing........"ugly" is quite another.   That said, I think my little Zenith 4.0 is not only "rugged", but "irresistible" as well........don't ya think?   Ha   BTW, I've owned 5 "Bugs" in my life.  None quite with the "character" of the one in that clip though.  Ha

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

Well.........it's happened.........I've fallen deeply in love.   I hate myself!  Haha   

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

That looks a little tight on space. I think we already have one of the best small boats there is. But, as you said, it's more room than a jet-ski.

Danno

You'd have to stand up and walk to the back just to change your mind.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Yachter Yat

I think it's perfect.  BTW, a SeaDoo is a "motorcycle"..........this is a "boat".......I believe a "fast" boat at that.  Here's what you would do with this thing:  Try not to wake the wife as you rise early to go fishing in the morning, with your Zenith.  Come home later and throw a bucket of fresh water at it, then kiss it goodnight.  Haha 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Yat, look at our boats again.........Yup, the perfect small boat! :anyone:

Yachter Yat

You might not want to go this fast.......but "IF" you want..........that deep V says you "CAN".   Ha   

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

He better watch his forehead when he lands! Yeah, that would be a fun little boat.

Yachter Yat

Haha.....yeah.  Course, what we got there is a pretty big fella.  Just look at him against the guy sitting beside him in my first pic. Sorta like a size 12 foot in a size 9 shoe.  Funny though, he still fits. Haha   I would delete that canvas option and fabricate my own......with a bit of additional height. 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)