News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Arima Operation Procedures?

Started by hurstian, August 14, 2020, 03:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Quote from: Zagman on August 15, 2020, 01:37:01 PM
Hurstain, here is a pic of my switch panel. 9 active switches and 9 spots to add switches. You can see the bilge pump switches. Hope this pic gets posted...  I better check again...I may have two aft bilge pumps also...

Zagman.....  I could be wrong, but I think what you have in that pic is 9 active switches total and that those are breakers to the left of each switch....
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

Danno

Quote from: Hunter on August 15, 2020, 02:08:27 PM
Hurstain, here is a pic of my switch panel. 9 active switches and 9 spots to add switches. You can see the bilge pump switches. Hope this pic gets posted...  I better check again...I may have two aft bilge pumps also...

Zagman.....  I could be wrong, but I think what you have in that pic is 9 active switches total and that those are breakers to the left of each switch....

:yeahthat:

That looks right. Three columns of three switches with a reset able fuse to the left of each.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Zagman

Hunter,  You are probably right.  Makes sense when looking at it from that angle.  :doh: Tomorrow I will be standing on my head checking it out. Also to check out the second bilge pump aft......maybe not....supposed to be over 100F tomorrow over here on the East side.

hurstian

Zagman, I can see your photo. What year is your SL? My is 2000 and it doesn't look like yours at all. I also have 2 bilge pump switch on panel, but Bilge is not responding, hopefully it's an unimportant one.

2000 Sea Legend Skip Top
Point Roberts, Washington

Zagman

Quote from: hurstian on August 17, 2020, 10:10:01 PM
Zagman, I can see your photo. What year is your SL? My is 2000 and it doesn't look like yours at all. I also have 2 bilge pump switch on panel, but Bilge is not responding, hopefully it's an unimportant one.

Hurstian, my SL is a 2006 Soft top.  In my experience, everything about the bilge pump system is important. Pumps and switches. When you flip on one of your bilge pump switches and can't hear that little hummer running, its time to check switches, fuses, wiring and pumps.  Sounds like you need to get that whole system checked out before there is water in the bilge you can't get pumped out. Now that I finally figured out how to post pics on this forum...here's a shot of my 2006 SL  Good Luck

Zagman

Hurstian, Ooops,  that didn't work so well... The first pic turned out ok....Maybe Danno can tell me what went South...Zag

hurstian

Your photo looks great after I click on it, lol.
Our boats look alike, just the switch panels are different.

BTW, I talked with Waldocod today about the bilge pump. There are 3 bilge pumps on SL, but only 2 switches, one for the pump in cuddy cabin and another switch, Bilge 2, for 2 bilge pumps in the aft, very deep under fish table.

Quote from: Zagman on August 18, 2020, 11:52:52 AM
Hurstian, Ooops,  that didn't work so well... The first pic turned out ok....Maybe Danno can tell me what went South...Zag
2000 Sea Legend Skip Top
Point Roberts, Washington

Old No7

Quote from: Zagman on August 15, 2020, 08:46:03 AM
And I would bet my SS check everyone on this forum has forgotten the plug at least once.
Zagman:
I'll be sending you my mailing address -- just sign the check over to Old No7; my banker will cash it.

One item I always make sure the crew knows about -- besides all the other safety gear - is the plastic safety connector that must be plugged in at the controls or else the engine won't start (it connects to a coiled lanyard, which you can wear when boating alone -- and it shuts off the engine if you go overboard).

Turns out my granddaughter, just like my son, is a "KNOBULATOR" and will touch anything and everything within reach when sitting with me at the helm. Every know, switch, key, doohickey that's within reach.  They need to know about that one.

Old No7
"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

Zagman

Old No 7....Checks in the mail..lol  Wow, never forgot your drain plug...that takes a pretty good memory..  Years ago too far back to count, my 2nd boat was a 17ft Owens and when I first used it, I moved to another lake and actually forgot the plug twice in the same day. Crazy huh?  Yes I have to agree the coiled lanyard does its job and cuts the engine in case of an MOB when boating alone. Thing is, it would take a 15 foot lanyard in the SL and depending on wind and water conditions, you would still have to a swim like a fish to catch the boat.  In my keelboat sailing days when doing overnighters the watch would use a 6 foot lanyard when in the cockpit and there would be jacklines running fore and aft on the port and starboard sides. This lanyard was then clipped to the jacklines when needing to go forward for reefing or a sail change.  I never allowed the watch to leave the cockpit to go forward alone at night. When single handing, some sailors tow a rope behind just in case..I always told folks that came aboard, one hand for you and one hand for the boat..Zagman

Old No7

Quote from: Zagman on August 19, 2020, 03:37:22 PM
Old No 7....Checks in the mail..lol
I'll be waiting, LOL...

But it sure helps to have an Admiral (she who must be obeyed) who always asks "Plug in?" before backing it in...

Quote from: Zagman on August 19, 2020, 03:37:22 PM
I always told folks that came aboard, one hand for you and one hand for the boat...
My late father always said that too.

Once when I was 16 or so, I said "What about my beer?" and the look on his face was priceless!

Old No7
"A bad day on an Arima, is better than a good day at work!"

Zagman

Old No7  I have one of those Admirals, but when I get the eagle eye, I am called Captain Myway....but I explain...no it's Captain Rightway...no brownie points earned there.

Zagman