News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Back to Back Passenger Seat Question

Started by PNWMatt2023, January 22, 2024, 10:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PNWMatt2023

Hey Everyone, I have a back-to-back style seat set up for the passenger side of my 19' SC. I don't like how much space it takes up and also am not a huge fan of that design. I was wondering if any of you had already done this/tried or knew much about it...Can I remove the back-to-back cushion(s) from the fiberglass pedestal box and then find a matching lid to install with either two swivel seats or just a hinged lid with custom snap on seat cushion, for a bench-style? I think these are made by Overtons or Wise..not 100% sure.

headduck

I'd wait for a seat box to show. Rare as hens teeth but they do show... or maybe another wants to trade the sleeper for the box.

Why destroy a good sleeper..?
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Yachter Yat

I'm not going to mince words. My advice would be in line with headducks. I wouldn't destroy that sleeper seat. I'd advertise for an Arima storage box. Once found, put yours up for sale.

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

PNWMatt2023

Thanks guys! I definitely don't want to ruin the sleeper, so considering the fact that someone would probably need the whole unit itself, rather than just the cushions and framing, you are right that putting it up for sale, and posting a note out that I'm looking for a companion seat, would be the best move!