News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Net holder

Started by Habberdasher, September 01, 2020, 05:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habberdasher

After the second net was lost overboard one fell off the bow the other was in the rodholders in front of the gas tank when the panel flipped out and away it went. This is going to look like a Scotty add but then I am from Victoria! I put two rail mount holders on the starboard grab tail in the rear one a old style rod holder (I might switch to a Orca if Apple shares continue to grow😊). In the forward one I had the post from a broken manual puller. I will see how that works and if needed I am going to put a piece of pipe over the post
Almost five AM time to pull out the boat heading to the land of WyrGuy2 Tomack and Tsquared for our two Chinook opening
1988 Sea Hunter 60 Suzuki 5hp Mariner
1958 9 ft moulded birch 1958 3 hp Johnston and a 30 pound electric

Habberdasher

No fish today but the net didn't fall off. It was great I got a face to face with WyrGuy and Tsquared
1988 Sea Hunter 60 Suzuki 5hp Mariner
1958 9 ft moulded birch 1958 3 hp Johnston and a 30 pound electric

E-TEC Pacer

After I lost a net I came up with the idea of filling my net handles with styro packing peanuts, no more lost nets. I sent the idea to Field & Stream and they used it and sent me a nice Buck hunting knife.  :clap:
17' '05 Pacer
2014 E TEC 90
I'd get rid of my wife before I'd get rid of my
E TEC and I really love my wife.

croaker stroker

Quote from: E-TEC Pacer on September 03, 2020, 09:29:26 PM
After I lost a net I came up with the idea of filling my net handles with styro packing peanuts, no more lost nets. I sent the idea to Field & Stream and they used it and sent me a nice Buck hunting knife.  :clap:

Brilliant !!   bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

jamaica

I stuff my handles with wine corks. Cheers!
1994 19' Sea Ranger 150hp Merc 2stk 9.9hp Yam

E-TEC Pacer

I like that idea, I have a few corks laying around in case the styros go back. Gonna have to check the handles and see how things are inside.
17' '05 Pacer
2014 E TEC 90
I'd get rid of my wife before I'd get rid of my
E TEC and I really love my wife.

headduck

Quote from: croaker stroker on September 03, 2020, 11:45:07 PM
Quote from: E-TEC Pacer on September 03, 2020, 09:29:26 PM

Brilliant !!   bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

Great idea. Make sure there not the fancy cheeto dissolving type.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)