News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Everett blackmouth derby

Started by polarbill1999, March 17, 2020, 08:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarbill1999

We will be out this weekend for the Everett derby assuming it doesn't get canceled.  Even if it does we will fish assuming we can launch a boat somewhere:).  This is my first real derby.

Is anybody else here signed up and going to fish this derby?

Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Megabytez

Maybe if I get my boat back in time. Looks like only the awards portion of it is cancelled

polarbill1999

So far.  They also set special processes to the weigh ins. 
Brett
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Scottjohnson59

You all that want to should feel good about going.  :flag:
Keeping your distance was no problem at the ramp in Renton nor the one in west Seattle I have been using fishing as therapy to keep me sane the last week and its like a ghost town at the ramps but even if they were to get busy they are large open spaces just keep distance easy peasey   :clap:
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics

polarbill1999

Well, got out Saturday only and unfortunately didn't land anything we could keep/weigh.

We launched at about 5:45 and left the dock in Everett at 6:15ish.  Made the run in dead calm water to possession.  Ended up fishing there until about 2.  We fished both sides and tried the tin shed area a bit as well.  Marked a fair amount of bait on the west side of the bar and most boats seemed to be fishing there or the tin shed.  Didn't see a single net fly.  Out towards the south end of the west side of the bar we had some excitement.  My buddy spent about 15 minutes reeling in a ~35" ling.  About 5 minutes after we let it go we had a good hit and I reeled in a 6-8 pound blackmouth but it was wild.  Those happened around 9ish I would say.  After that we only managed one shaker, 2 small rockfish and a sand dab/flounder.  We relentlessly pounded the bottom and tried a ton of different stuff.  Chovies in a rhys davis helmet, small ace hiflys, needle fish hoochies, small spoons (coho killer and 3.0-3.5 kingfishers), a couple king kandy small whole herring and a purple haze 4 inch plug.

The most exciting part was realizing our batteries were dead and having to make the decision to run on the kicker the 9 miles to Everett or run 30 minutes to my parents slip in cultus Bay and figure a ride from there.  We decided on the latter.  Now we just have to find a time to get back over there, charge up/replace the batteries and figure out a solution so we don't get stranded.

Overall it was a blast and you couldn't ask for a nicer day on the water. 
Brett
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

davidsea

1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Scottjohnson59

They the WDFW just closed all state ramps folks
Scott in Milton
19 Sea Chaser skip top 1994
150 Yamaha 2019 9.9 Yamaha 2020
Furuno Radar and Never Again Garmin electronics