News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Horseshoe Kelp - 04/17/2024

Started by Always Fishing, April 19, 2024, 05:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Always Fishing

Launched out of San Pedro on Wednesday. Conditions were worse than anticipated, the current was ripping and the fog was thick. It's scary not being able to see the surroundings. I left the house without the Furuno fish finder, so I was blind. I got to the Horseshoe using the Navionics app on my phone. I had never fished the horseshoe before, so I was completely lost without the fish finder.  I just dropped here and there and, surprisingly, ended up with a large sculpin and a couple of Kelp Rockfish. Entertained by a feeding frenzy by Angel's Gate on the way back. I got a short clip of the show on my phone because my GoPro decided not to work again.

1984 Sea Chaser 17 - 2002 Honda BF90
2019 Oldtown Topwater 120 PDL
2018 Solo Skiff - 2018 Tohatsu 6HP (Sold)
www.youtube.com/@alwaysfishing8465

headduck

I had a fog day like that with the wife aboard. Radar was not consided optional after that point.

Way to make a day of it... even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and while.  :beerchug:
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

AJFishin

That feeding frenzy is what you want to see before heading out to load your tank. Drop a Sabiki and hook bait fish on its way down lol.
This time of year that fog can roll in thick down there, those days I keep the boat on the trailer.
Horseshoe and I have an agreement, the good fish there are for everyone else. But if I want to fish there, than I can only catch croakers and whitefish.  :facepalm:
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Always Fishing

I was throwing a swimbait, hoping for some bones, but nothing. I think they were all Sardines.
1984 Sea Chaser 17 - 2002 Honda BF90
2019 Oldtown Topwater 120 PDL
2018 Solo Skiff - 2018 Tohatsu 6HP (Sold)
www.youtube.com/@alwaysfishing8465