News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

2024-2025 Washington Fishing Season

Started by XO, April 11, 2024, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XO

The 2024-2025 season regs are out: 

https://www.eregulations.com/washington/fishing/

For those of us in the Puget Sound area, the seasons look to be about the same as last year.  Of course, quotas could change all that. 

1993 Chaser 19 "Dandy"; 2021 140 Hp Suzuki; 8Hp Yamaha

2002 Hunter; 2002 Suzuki DF50; 2004 Suzuki DF6---SOLD

"Knowledge is good."  Emil Faber

fishmeister

And a new Draft version of the seasons are out too:

https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/management/north-falcon/summaries

One change (from the last version) that caught my attention is that the Chinook opener here on the Skagit River at the end of the month is going to allow 2-pole endorsement.  I'm starting to really think about giving this a shot now.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Rowland84

Quote from: XO on April 11, 2024, 08:08:52 PMThe 2024-2025 season regs are out: 

For those of us in the Puget Sound area, the seasons look to be about the same as last year.  Of course, quotas could change all that. 

hoping they stick with the draft for area 11 and open Jun 1st ! Instead of what the regs say on July 1 even if they close it because fishing is good would be nice to be out there!
93' sea explorer 1511"  03' yamaha f60
91' campion 16.5 fishing machine 91' mariner 40hp sold
83' fiberform runabout 83' evinrude 50hp 94 suzuki 6hp sold

Omega3

Quote from: Rowland84 on April 12, 2024, 10:03:02 AM

hoping they stick with the draft for area 11 and open Jun 1st ! Instead of what the regs say on July 1 even if they close it because fish is ood would be nice to be out there!
Y
You do realize that we lose August  for 3 or 6 days in June?Hell last year we lost the best part of July and all of August.July 15 opener and no closure until quota is met is a much better fishery.The real shame in all of this is there are tens of thousands of Chinook that rot after the hatcheries met escapement goals.
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

Rowland84

Quote from: Omega3 on April 12, 2024, 10:34:59 AM
Quote from: Rowland84 on April 12, 2024, 10:03:02 AM

hoping they stick with the draft for area 11 and open Jun 1st ! Instead of what the regs say on July 1 even if they close it because fish is ood would be nice to be out there!
Y
You do realize that we lose August  for 3 or 6 days in June?Hell last year we lost the best part of July and all of August.July 15 opener and no closure until quota is met is a much better fishery.The real shame in all of this is there are tens of thousands of Chinook that rot after the hatcheries met escapement goals.
fishing has been alot better the past three years in the puget sound and they are not adjusting for that!

fishmeister

I took a look at the link in the OP.  It took me to the current regs, which are 2023/2024.  These officially expire June 30th, this year.  I couldn't find the 2024/2025 regs anywhere.  Did I miss something?  Or, are they actually not out yet?   :shrug9:

fishmeister

XO

My mistake.  I thought the regs were supposed to be out by April 11, but they aren't.  No wonder they look like last years' regs.  The ARE last years' regs.

I keep telling myself to be patient, but do I listen?
1993 Chaser 19 "Dandy"; 2021 140 Hp Suzuki; 8Hp Yamaha

2002 Hunter; 2002 Suzuki DF50; 2004 Suzuki DF6---SOLD

"Knowledge is good."  Emil Faber

BayWolf

MA 11 is going to be driven by the number of sub legal encounters again this year.  If the same situation holds true as last, where there are an abundance of sub legal (shakers) taken when the do the test fishery, it's probably going to be a very short season down south.   Unless they have come to some agreement with the co-managers on how to off set the unusually high number of smolts that were (are) in the lower south sound waters and skewed the formula.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

fishmeister

Quote from: BayWolf on April 12, 2024, 05:46:35 PMMA 11 is going to be driven by the number of sub legal encounters again this year.  If the same situation holds true as last, where there are an abundance of sub legal (shakers) taken when the do the test fishery, it's probably going to be a very short season down south.   Unless they have come to some agreement with the co-managers on how to off set the unusually high number of smolts that were (are) in the lower south sound waters and skewed the formula.

That's why, when answering the creel-checkers at the launch, the rule in my boat is:  "If it isn't in the boat, it never happened."  The tales of "the ones that got away" are not told in the presence of WDFW.  I refuse to contribute to our seasons getting cut short over fish that are still swimming.

Yachter Yat

Quote from: fishmeister on April 12, 2024, 04:36:00 PMAnybody here know who's driving the Sea Hunter featured on the WDFW site?

https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/homepage_hero/public/2024-04/ma11tacomapic.jpg?itok=_amLlFS4

Yikes! Looks like it's sinking, Meister. :bigshock:  If "Bo" was smart, he'd square-off that transom and kick that "V" to about 20 degrees.  Would cure that problem, once and for all.  Do that, and we'd have one helluva little offshore battlewagon.  I'd almost pay whatever he asked for it. :jester:

Yat 
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Rowland84

Quote from: fishmeister on April 12, 2024, 08:22:47 PM
Quote from: BayWolf on April 12, 2024, 05:46:35 PMMA 11 is going to be driven by the number of sub legal encounters again this year.  If the same situation holds true as last, where there are an abundance of sub legal (shakers) taken when the do the test fishery, it's probably going to be a very short season down south.   Unless they have come to some agreement with the co-managers on how to off set the unusually high number of smolts that were (are) in the lower south sound waters and skewed the formula.

That's why, when answering the creel-checkers at the launch, the rule in my boat is:  "If it isn't in the boat, it never happened."  The tales of "the ones that got away" are not told in the presence of WDFW.  I refuse to contribute to our seasons getting cut short over fish that are still swimming.
I feel like if you still tell them you didn't catch any shakers they still mark certain amount by boat volume!?

fishmeister

Quote from: Rowland84 on April 13, 2024, 07:34:29 AM
Quote from: fishmeister on April 12, 2024, 08:22:47 PM

I feel like if you still tell them you didn't catch any shakers they still mark certain amount by boat volume!?

It's possible.  I can't control what they mark down on their tablets.  But, I'm certainly not going to contribute to the problem by volunteering an extra excuse to cut our seasons.