News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Neah butt opener '22

Started by StreamFixer, May 09, 2022, 07:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

My how things have changed.  Went to Neah Bay for halibut opener May 5-7.  The Cape was at less than 50%.  The H dock only had 3 boats.  What a change from before Covid

'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Crackerbox

I wonder is the weather played a part or mothers day?

Joe

beancounter

Russ how was the fishing ?

StreamFixer

Hey Bean

Went with HemiGTX at his usual spot.  Thursday: 8'@15 w/ 2' wind waves, 10 to 15 knot wind.    Really rough.  dead until the bite on, then 3 in about 20 minutes (1 small then a couple nicer fish).  Then done for the day.  2nd day much nicer for bottom fish, I hooked into 2 halibut off Greenbank, but no keeper day. 

Small craft advisory up for Sat (8'@13 w/ 4' wind waves 20 to 30 knot wind)  We went home.  Back again tomorrow, seas and Wx looking much better.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

beancounter

Keel-er

8' + 2' is a helluva combination even without the wind.  You gotta love halibut to endure those conditions.
1986 Sea Ranger 17 "Nancy Lyn"-Sold
2020 Yamaha F90
1995 Sea Ranger 19
2023 Tohatsu 140
2020 Yamaha 9.9

Whiskeytango101

Curious to know if anyone from the site is planning to be at Neah for the '23 opener in May? Maybe an AO meet and greet could be put together if folks are interested.

lifeandffl

SR19HT "ButtsButtsButts"

GregE

I can't make it- still limited from surgery

Someone announce a meet and greet day/ time with 'you can recognize me by .....'  and it will happen

Pictures of boat, truck, you are helpful
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait