News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Lead Pour WA area???

Started by GregE, March 12, 2022, 02:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregE

Shawn told me his schedule is full this year and doesn't think he can host a lead pour.

So the opportunity is open......  anybody have space, cooker, molds etc and able to host a group of Arima Owners?   :shrug9:

Many past attendees brought molds and gear.  Post if you are interested (A) and what you can bring to support this effort (B)

Put me down for Yes, and 2 and 3# cod weight molds, propane, 2 burner outdoor stove if needed.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Crackerbox

I live on the canal a couple miles past Belfair State Park and could host.  I do not have any materials, but if the tide is right I can provide oysters.

Joe

Mooch

I'm down for some meltin', shuckin' and lyin' for sure.  Got some lead to recycle, but other than that I'll be moochin', as usual.  It's be great  to swab with the mates again. 
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

FishBio

Count me in! I can't host but I can bring a 5, 6, 8oz ultra minnow jig head mold and 4oz flutter jig mold. Those ultra minnows are the cat's meow for fishing rubber tails for lings and rockfish! I'll have some hooks and wire forms but give me a shout if you think you'll want to pour some of those so I can make sure to have enough.
I also have a big propane cooker, crappy old pot, and small ladle for melting/pouring lead. Works fine for my molds but my pot and ladle aren't big enough for a downrigger ball or more than a couple ofGregE's 3lb cod weights.
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,
2019 Yamaha T9.9 on Defiance fixed bracket.

BayWolf

I'm in for a first ever!   I believe I can bring some clean lead. I don't have any molds, but I'd be willing to pick up some hardware like hooks or eyes to share. Just need to know what.  I also have a propane tank I can bring. 
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Ed De Explorer

I could be in depending on date.
I can bring some store bought lead.
I bought a ladle last year and made some copper pipe and filled with lead last year for lings. Then saw I could have bought them at Olsons for 10 bucks. Fishing with something you made is way cooler.
And those grumpy looking fish head jigs look awesome... I want some of those.
Just tell me what I need to pick up hook wise.
Ed
Ed
91 Sea Explorer 16'

Ed De Explorer

Here's a pic
Ed
91 Sea Explorer 16'

Crackerbox

I will start working on dates I am available to host, most likely it would be on a Sunday.

Joe

Crackerbox

Ok, first available date is Sunday April 24th.

Joe

BayWolf

Quote from: Crackerbox on March 16, 2022, 03:50:29 PM
Ok, first available date is Sunday April 24th.

Joe

Thanks for hosting Joe.

The 24th works for me.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

GregE

Thanks Joe.

The big need is for molds and melting pots-  so if you have some that can be used even if you can't attend please post.  We'll be using the AO transport system.
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

GoodDays

Even if Shawn cant go.... he should still send his lead and molds !!   :yeahthat:

GoodDays Greg

FishBio

If you find yourself in Bellingham, WA before the lead pour, do yourself a favor and pick up some cheap lead at the sailboat wrecking yard. They melt down sailboat keels and sell clean 5, 10, and 20 lb ingots. They usually have 1000s of lbs of the cleanest lead you'll ever see. Last year they were selling for $1/lb. I haven't checked the price this year. Best to call before you go since Jeff is pretty much a one man show and keeps odd hours.
http://sailboatwreckingyard.com/#
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

FishBio

Quote from: Ed De Explorer on March 14, 2022, 07:00:44 PM
Ed
Hey Ed! My grumpy faced jig molds will be there. Pour as many as you like. The mold makes 5, 6, and 8oz jigs. The heavy ones make staying near bottom easier during a fast drift. I have 50 hooks on hand and probably won't pour more than 12 jigs for myself. Hooks were about 50 cents each. Reimburse me at cost and you can have a bunch. If you want to buy your own, get 9/0 jig hooks (Mustad 91715). Barlows has em in stock.

https://barlowstackle.com/Mustad-91715-Jig-Hook-P438/

See you there!
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

Ed De Explorer

Quote from: FishBio on March 17, 2022, 01:55:36 PM
Quote from: Ed De Explorer on March 14, 2022, 07:00:44 PM
Ed
Hey Ed! My grumpy faced jig molds will be there. Pour as many as you like. The mold makes 5, 6, and 8oz jigs. The heavy ones make staying near bottom easier during a fast drift. I have 50 hooks on hand and probably won't pour more than 12 jigs for myself. Hooks were about 50 cents each. Reimburse me at cost and you can have a bunch. If you want to buy your own, get 9/0 jig hooks (Mustad 91715). Barlows has em in stock.

https://barlowstackle.com/Mustad-91715-Jig-Hook-P438/

See you there!

Ill just buy some from you if you have plenty. Thanks!
Ed
Ed
91 Sea Explorer 16'

GregE

Are we getting close to setting a day?

Ed- it's a lead pour where we share effort, meet some good folks and tell fishing/ boat stories.    :beerchug:

Bring your heavy leather gloves and maybe a thinner pair for a liner.  BTW, eye protection, industrial air filter ( lead fumes are toxic -eventually) leather bib and shoes/ boots, old sweatshirt -splatters happen.

And if you are bringing lead it needs to be clean- preferably melted and in ingots.  A chunk with any water/ moisture inside will steam and explode
Greg

Ed De Explorer

It sounds like fun I am definitely in.

Can't have too much PPE.

I bought 3 pounds at Coastal and can pick up more if anyone needs it. $6.99/pound.

Look forward to meeting up!

Ed
Ed
91 Sea Explorer 16'

Crackerbox

Greg, looks like Sunday the 24th of April is a go.

Joe

FishBio

Quote from: Crackerbox on March 21, 2022, 11:18:36 AM
Greg, looks like Sunday the 24th of April is a go.

Joe
It's on my calendar!
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

GregE

Measure twice.......  A lot of the things we've used over the years were Shawn WeDoCQ's

What is available for melting pots, ladles, DR molds, other molds etc?? 

Greg

Hunter

I don't need any lead..... but would still like to meet up and hang with the gang...   Just let me know the date and location and I'll see if it works for me.   Also..... any members attending should bring anything and everything that they may want to sell so it ends up being a combo lead pour / swap meet!   
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

GregE

April 24 at Crackerbox Joe's in Allyn off Hwy 3 SW of Bremerton/ NE of Shelton. 
I'm sure he will PM directions when it gets closer.

I may not need any weights either- it's more of a AO social gathering ( plus some friends ).   
but  I lost three 15# DR balls two years ago   :shrug9:
Greg

FishBio

Quote from: GregE on March 21, 2022, 05:23:32 PM
Measure twice.......  A lot of the things we've used over the years were Shawn WeDoCQ's

What is available for melting pots, ladles, DR molds, other molds etc??

Let's get a list started.
Greg:
- 2 and 3 lb square cod weight mold. These are better than the round ones that roll all over!
- 2 burner camp stove.

FishBio:
- propane king cooker
- 4oz flutter jig mold
- 5, 6, 8oz ultra minnow jig mold
- cast iron Dutch oven
- crappy ladle
- 4qt pot
- 2 burner camp stove
- 12 lb finned downrigger ball mold
- I don't have any downrigger ball eyes but could pick some up.

BayWolf:
- propane tank

Mooch:
- beer
- beer
- beer

Looks like we have enough to get a couple stations going and pour some useful equipment. Do the main melting on the king cooker and keep melted on the camp stoves while ladeling could work fine.
One thing we could use is a nice big ladle.
An electric melting pot wouldn't be a bad thing.
A few folding tables might be helpful?
It doesn't sound like we have a lot of lead yet. Didn't ATGEP bring 1000 lbs last year? You coming ATGEP?
Who has more molds? Wish we had a smaller flutter jig mold. 2-3oz are great for rockfish.

BTW - I'm in west seattle and will be taking the Fauntleroy ferry shortcut. Anyone want to carpool? I can fit 4 big dudes or 5 skinny ones in my 4 door truck. PM me if you're interested.

-Grant

1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

GregE

Last year's get together at Shawn's.  Check the last page picture for some ideas on layout.

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=19978.100
Greg

FishBio

Quote from: GregE on March 21, 2022, 07:24:00 PM
but  I lost three 15# DR balls two years ago   :shrug9:

You have a 15# downrigger ball mold, Greg? Or maybe you have a line on one you could beg, borrow, or steal? Gonna need some lead to load that sucker with, too.
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,