News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Razors

Started by Kimbrey, April 12, 2024, 12:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbrey

It's been good hunting and gathering for the Wiley bi-valve....The razor clam.  This was a couple days ago, took yesterday off and then my brother and I went this morning.  Very good digging, tons of shows and more shows plus good sized.  The diggers are plump and full of fat. Fun digging but not so fun cleaning the things.  I think todays batch will be ground, vacuum packed and froze to be used for either chowder or fritters.  Still working on a decent fritter method of cooking away from frying. 
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

headduck

Well done! Not a smashed one in the bunch. So delicious.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Kimbrey

Quote from: headduck on April 13, 2024, 07:19:08 AMWell done! Not a smashed one in the bunch. So delicious.
Not sure what is going on with me this year regarding not flaying a few with the gun.  Might be we've moved South of where we were digging the past couple of years.  Back on my old stomping grounds.  Left that area because they turned small, back to good size now.  It's nice though.  Grew up here so dug with a shovel for years & years but switched over to a gun a few years ago as I didn't want to be bending over or on my knee.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

headduck

You've got skillz man.  :party017:
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)