News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Digital bottom paint

Started by Duncanby, April 24, 2024, 06:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncanby

Hello there.  I am the proud owner of a brand new Arima Sea Ranger 21 HT and I had Defiance Marine add bottom paint to the boat.  The boat will be moored in a salt water marina from May thru September.  Has anyone heard of Hull Shield?  https://www.hullshield.net/
When I was originally shopping for a new boat a salesman from Three Rivers Marine highly recommended this product.  Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this or a similar product as a second layer of protection. 
2024 Sea Ranger 21 HT
Alaskan Bulkhead
150 Yamaha
9.9 Yamaha kicker
Simrad NSX 12 w/ Halo 20+

Grilse

Looks interesting. My only experience is that I noticed little growth when I would leave the bilge pump on automatic while moored in saltwater. But only near the stern around the pump area. How many transducers will you be using?

Jeff
2005 SR19
1999 Yamaha F100
2005 Yamaha 8
Stabicraft 1530
Yamaha F60

Duncanby

I was thinking about just doing 1 transducer even though my boat is 21 feet.  Maybe I'll wait to see how well the bottom paint handles any growth this summer and, if needed, add the hull shield later...
2024 Sea Ranger 21 HT
Alaskan Bulkhead
150 Yamaha
9.9 Yamaha kicker
Simrad NSX 12 w/ Halo 20+