News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Looking for a 19 Sea Ranger

Started by Don C, November 29, 2014, 07:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don C

As this is my first posting here i hope i am doing it right............I am in Wa State and am looking to buy and 19 foot Sea Ranger,i would prefer a boat no older then 2000 and set up for fishing as much as it can be..........contact me at DCurt98634@aol.com :fishing: : :anyone:...................:I am willing to travel around 250 miles to see your boat.

Salmon King

Depending on where you are and how far you want to travel for your boat I'm sure you'll find one on here or CL (that many of us comb daily) before to long.
The good ones are bought up pretty quick so you really need to know what you want and want to spend and be ready to jump on it when it comes along.

Where in WA are you located?

Welcome to the forum Don!
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

GregE

WELKome aboard Don,  good luck with your search.  You found a good resource here.

Why 2000?  Don't be afraid of older boats- they are build solid and hold up well.  The BIG challenge is getting a newer engine that meets your needs.  Check the linked Arima Info section for when models changed, Starboard over Teak Plywood, etc.
http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=109.0

Keep an eye on the classified sections-  many members have a "find new Arima listings hobby".   :biggrin:

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Don C

I am InTacoma Wa .......Thank you for the welcome .......Hopefully i will find a boat hace looked at seceral and even offered on one ....in retrospect glad i was turned down ....I know what i want and willing to pay for it..............I know it wont be cheap(dont tell wife)...lol ttyl

Don C

Quote from: GregE on November 29, 2014, 08:57:14 AM
WELKome aboard Don,  good luck with your search.  You found a good resource here.

Why 2000?  Don't be afraid of older boats- they are build solid and hold up well.  The BIG challenge is getting a newer engine that meets your needs.  Check the linked Arima Info section for when models changed, Starboard over Teak Plywood, etc.
http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=109.0

Keep an eye on the classified sections-  many members have a "find new Arima listings hobby".   :biggrin:
TY for the helpful link ............not afraid just would prefer a newer boat,Thanks for welcome

Okiesdad

19' SR Hardtop
115 Yamaha
    8 Yamaha

Chuck Jones

I get this funny feeling that there's going to be a really nice 17 skippy on the market in the future....jes saying.  :shrug9:
(91) 19' Sea Ranger HT....SOLD 5/2013
(07) 21' Sea Ranger HT.....SOLD 3/2014
(05) 21' Design Concepts ...4/20/14

I often have silent thoughts in my head, but sometimes I worry about what they're thinking

Don C

wedocq

Lingripper keeps threatening to sell his absolutely beautiful 19' SR hardtop. He wants to upgrade to a 21'.  :biggrin:
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

CJ.....I am thinkin about it.....don't want to be too hasty.
Here is a pic just in case......
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

amazing grace

Hoboy, time to get on the phone and talk jwub off the ledge. I leave for a few days and what does he do? :facepalm: Buys a tin lizzy and is thinking of selling the best looking 17SR Skiptower around with a brand new motor :doh: That thing shines like the star in mister cleans teeth! :shrug9: I am here for you buddy :redface:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

BayWolf

Quote from: amazing grace on December 01, 2014, 09:49:46 AM
Hoboy, time to get on the phone and talk jwub off the ledge. I leave for a few days and what does he do? :facepalm: Buys a tin lizzy and is thinking of selling the best looking 17SR Skiptower around with a brand new motor :doh: That thing shines like the star in mister cleans teeth! :shrug9: I am here for you buddy :redface:

I see four "Sold" boats in his signature...

Could it be time for an intervention????   :shark:
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Chuck Jones

Too late for intervention.  A tourniquet around the neck might be a better solution.  JW...yeah, I know you're going to put a lot of thought into it...while you're sprucing up the tin boat.
(91) 19' Sea Ranger HT....SOLD 5/2013
(07) 21' Sea Ranger HT.....SOLD 3/2014
(05) 21' Design Concepts ...4/20/14

I often have silent thoughts in my head, but sometimes I worry about what they're thinking

bonesan

Don, I recently found my 19SR in Idaho (I live in Bend OR)  It was a 900 mile round trip but very much worth the very long day.  I put my 17 SR on the market and a guy from San Francisco drove up to get it.  Up to you, but I'd widen the search grid.  They pop up in places you might not expect.  Mine is a 1990 but was truly in like new condition and I couldn't be happier.  Best of luck.  They're worth the effort.

rasslingref

Don:
I found mine in Maryland and hid it delivered.  It is awesome. Be patient and be ready to move on one when you find it. 

David
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

StreamFixer

Bonesan

I'll bet your 19 has never seen salt water either ...

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Av8rPaul

Quote from: LvrWurst 21 SR Skip on November 30, 2014, 07:54:48 PM
CJ.....I am thinkin about it.....don't want to be too hasty.
Here is a pic just in case......

Nice boat.  That's just down the road from me....

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Don C.....Amazing Grace has my old '89 19 SR Skippy Tower in Montana. During a weak moment in my life...or maybe after a brain fart...he talked me into hauling it up to Ellensberg, WA for a meeting and his haul back to MT. For awhile AG had the Arima market cornered in MT. You might talk him into wheeling/dealing on that one. Good solid boat...caught a lot of fish. We put new canvas on it before towing it up there. Good luck!

Coupla Pics for you
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

blindmonkey

I agree they pop up in unusual places. Got my Chaser from Utah....
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

headduck

I went down to Morro Bay, Ca. Very good values can be found outside of the Pacific NW.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Av8rPaul

There is a SR19 HT listed on the Olympic Peninsula CL.

http://olympic.craigslist.org/boa/4752327690.html

Threeweight

This one just popped up on Portland's Craigslist... I know nothing about the boat, but looks like a nice package in terms of power and options....

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/4782320687.html
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Salmon King

Quote from: Threeweight on December 02, 2014, 09:57:41 AM
This one just popped up on Portland's Craigslist... I know nothing about the boat, but looks like a nice package in terms of power and options....

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/4782320687.html

Bet that boat scoots right along with a 150 hanging on the back!
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

BruceL2_Fish

Sweet looking rig, it won't last long.
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Hydro-Therapy

They may be a little high on the price of this one . But the only thing I can tell it needs from a glance is trim tabs to make this a almost perfect boat. With no interior pictures or know how old the electronics are there may be some upgrading needed. But still a  good looking base to work from.

H-T

P S from the one picture it looks like they are giving it up in loo of a grady.
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D