News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

I found a Gem today...but didn't buy it!

Started by Salmon King, August 16, 2013, 05:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salmon King

Some of you may remember that a week or so ago I mentioned that I got wind of an unadvertised 19'er for sale.  Well today I finally located the owner, looked at the boat and had a good long talk.  Now I'm not going to make this seller an offer but someone on here looking for a 19'SC sure should!

Here's the details as I know them...

1993 19'SC
1994 Merc 135hp (LESS than 200 hours on it!)
1993 EZ Loader trailer.
8hp Honda Kicker on a heavy duty Garelick Bracket (motor yr. unknown).
EZ Steer
1 yr. old Garmin DF.
2 Penn Elec. Downriggers
2 batteries which have been kept on a trickle charger.

Asking price is $17,500 and he is fairly firm on the price.

AS to the condition...

NEAR Perfect. 
With the exceptions noted below the hull is beautiful and well cared for.
The top is original and in great condition.  In fact the side curtains, drop curtain and slant back have never been used and are still in the packaging.
The wood trim inside is all original and looks great...not even sun faded.  (this boat has been a garage queen all it's life). The owner said he only uses the boat 1 or 2 afternoons a yr. when the sun is shining.
Cabin cushions are in like new condition and the porta-potty has never been used.
The original owner added a small table over the front of the motor well and a hinged table that is mounted to the front panel of the fuel tank panel.  These look pretty good, are functional and made of wood to match the wood trim.

The Bad...

There is a small area on the port bow that has been hit by something.  There are hairline cracks in the gel coat and some small pitting around that area also.
There is a narrow 3" gash (gel coat will require repair) about 4' from the stern on the Port side (this is just under the rub rail).
The 2 pedestal seats have a small amount of mold on them but could probably be cleaned off with a bleach solution.

That's all I could find and I climbed all over this boat!

Frankly, if I wanted to move up to a 19' SC I'd make an offer on this boat for sure because it has the wider chines (I got my 1st look at that feature today and I can see now why everyone says it is better than the older ones like I have), but I want a 19' SR HT.
BUT...I really did like the size of that dance floor!  Wow!  now that's fishin' room!!!

I have a name and contact number for those that PM me.  I do not have any pictures as I had no camera with me at the time.
I gave the owner our web address and he's planning to place it up for sale here soon with pictures.
This boat has not been listed on CL either...Owner is hoping for a secret sale I guess.

Terry

PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

amazing grace

1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Seattleflyfisher

Salmon King

Yup... that's the one.  Seller said he has not advertised it.
Maybe he meant the newspaper?

We talked about his rock bottom price he would take..."$17,000 an no less because that's what I have been told it ws worth."

It may come down...may not?, but he seems to be a nice guy, great to talk to, don't think he would intentionally mislead anyone.

Terry
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Seattleflyfisher

Terry it's only worth what guys will pay.  Not sure how this guy thinks its worth 18k for a 93 with a 93 motor.

Wait and watch.

SFF

Salmon King

I think it's the fact that it only has 165hr. on the motor AND the fact that it has been garaged all of it's life.

Frankly...If there was a way for me to justify it I'd buy this one and sell my 17 just for the drier ride...this boat is in WAAYYY better shape than mine is.  But I'm determined that if I hold out I will find the HT I want.
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

StreamFixer

To me the price isn't all that bad.  However, I would be leery of the claimed 'hours' on the motor.  Unless there is a specific hour meter on the dash, I don't know how that could be confirmed.

SFF, you need to remember to include the transport cost in your Georgia boat as well as what it is taking to get it 'up to snuff' (less the transportation damage) when bragging about your deal.  Then you are talking apples and apples.

I paid around $18K for a '97 19SC and have invested at least another couple of thousand to get to where the '93 under discussion is now.

Paladin
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Seattleflyfisher

Russ, your boat was a 18k boat. You had a 4 stroke on it when you bought it right?

SFF

Danno

I agree with Russ. Scarcity factor on a 19' SC will keep the demand high.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

colvan

It wasn't advertised at the time Terry was advised it was available.  I did place it on CL and it is  the same as amazing grace cited. The hour meter shows 167hrs. Will post it on this site as soon as  I can figure out how to do it. Very frustrating.  http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/3997530581.html.

StreamFixer

SFF  --  My '97 19SC had a '97 90 HP Honda 4S Carbed, and Honda 8 HP kicker that needed cooling system cleaned when I purchased it.  The controller was gunny-bag too.  Both motors, and newer controller, are now on Caston's 17SC. 

For the record:  Brakes were shot, canvas was not all that good, pot puller worked for 2 hours, then needed motor rebuild, wiring replaced, Dash still needs fixing, lots of 'fixin' on this one.

Colvan:  Picture not necessary.  Did not know you had an hour meter for the motor.  Please forgive me if I have unintentionally cast aspersions on your integrity.   :stooges:

With this additional information, were I still looking for a 19SC, Colvan and I would be seriously talking.

Paladin
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Salmon King

Colvan,

I hope I did you and your boat justice talking about it on here.
It is a great looking craft.
It was a pleasure visiting with you yesterday.
Hope you sell your boat to someone that will really appreciate her.

Terry

2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

colvan

Thanks so much Terry, for your input.  An unbiased opinion is worth much than a whole bunch of owner anecdotes.
Bill

Seattleflyfisher

Bill, good luck with the sale!

With you being on the site it could help to sell your boat. Do you know the compression numbers of the motor? That surely will help with a buyer on this site.

SFF

GregE

I do not have any pictures as I had no camera with me at the time

Now, thats just WRONG.......

But thanks for checking it over and getting Colvan here.  WE can help post pics and often do.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Woodfighter

What would be the cost to the repairs on the gel coat???  And the spider cracks...think there is any damage to the hull?

Also, what is the difference in ride between the sea chaser and ranger?  I would think the chaser would ride rougher because you sit closer to the bow (farther forward)?

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait