News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Looking for a 17ft Arema

Started by Jesse, April 16, 2013, 08:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

I am in the market for a good used Arema, will consider any model, but prefer a 17' cuddy. The plan is to ship it up north on the barge in Seattle to Skagway and then Yukon to be used in the big lakes up here and at Haines.  All of my high-priced advisors say this is the one I should have!
My brother is in Lynnwood, very experienced fisherman and helping at that end seeing how most of these boats are in that part of the world. I will fly down to close a deal, if it passes  his approval. It would help if it already had a 4 stroke. Not looking for cheap, just a fair deal.
I bet I will become the only Arima owner in the Yukon very soon!!

Jesse

StreamFixer

That will be a great boat for those big lakes.....

Be sure to get pinned on the members map   :clap:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

fishorcrab

No 4 stroke but this appeared in craigslist.

17 ft. 1986 Arima - $8800 (Lincoln City)
http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/boa/3749683361.html

Paul
SC16 Yamaha 4s 90
SP17 Honda 4s 90  - Croaker made me do it. :)

Jon Lawrence

I have a 17' sea chaser (storage cuddy) coming into the shop on Saturday. 2001 if I remember right with a Honda 90 that has 60 hours of run time on it. I'll know more on Saturday but this guy used it in a lake and lived infront of the best Fishing hole. Primarily used the kicker. The gentlemen unfortunately had a stroke and can no longer use this boat so he is selling it. Really unfortunate.

When you say cuddy what size are you looking for? We build the Sea Ranger (sleeper cuddy) and the Sea Chaser which is more for locking away your rods, down riggers, tackle boxes, etc. yet still gives you enough room for a porta potty.

Thanks!

Jesse

The Sea Chaser would be perfect.  My brother is dropping into the factory in Bremerton to get some more information on build today actually (you said you build them - so I presume you are in Bremerton?) I will watch the board for details or you can contact me directly at jesse@northwestel.net.  thanks Jon.
Jesse

Threeweight

IMO the 17' Chaser is the most versatile boat in the Arima lineup.  Big enough to fish the ocean (on good days), room for three guys, gear, crab pots, etc..., yet easy to tow and store, and cheap to run w/ a 90 hp 4 stroke.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

CanvasGuy

Quote from: Threeweight on April 18, 2013, 09:32:12 AM
IMO the 17' Chaser is the most versatile boat in the Arima lineup.  Big enough to fish the ocean (on good days), room for three guys, gear, crab pots, etc..., yet easy to tow and store, and cheap to run w/ a 90 hp 4 stroke.
Oh Go ahead and say it Steve...
IT's The Swiss Army Knife Of Arima's....

Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Ulua

85  17 Sea Ranger
2009 Honda 90
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Seattleflyfisher

I will be selling my 17 Chaser in the next few weeks if your up for another boat to look at.  I am in West Seattle.

SFF

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

GregE

Quote from: Seattleflyfisher on April 21, 2013, 01:12:13 PM
I will be selling my 17 Chaser in the next few weeks if your up for another boat to look at.  I am in West Seattle.

SFF

Now that's a classy boat!!!    I wonder ...........  :smile1:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Seattleflyfisher

Yes, the 19SC is mine. Just have to pick it up and move it back here. The next change will be how much stays on the 17SC. I am looking to move some items over but until the 19 gets here I am not sure what will be left on the 17SC.

In a perfect world I would like to move my whole top over but I am not sure if that will work yet. For anyone looking at a chaser this hull would be a good one. Its all new and I am sure I will have to leave some nice goodies.

SFF

croaker stroker

Congratulations !  Bet you're excited !!   :party:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Jon Lawrence

J duke,

That 1999 17' Sea Chaser I took in on consignment on Saturday sold before I was ever able to park it in the lot. It went for 17,500.00.

I think SFF 17SC will likely be a good deal for you but I'll let you know if I get anything else in. Let your brother know it was great meeting him.

Thanks,

Jon

Jesse

Seattleflyfisher, yes let me know if/and when you have a price and I can come look at your boat. West Seattle is good. You can reach me directly at jesse@northwestel.net.
Jesse

GoodDays

SFF's boat is PREMIUM !!!   and all tricked out ! :party:   It would be worthwhile talking him into leaving as much on it as possible !!!!!!  Especially that TOP !!!!!

GoodDays Greg