News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

lease return 115 Yamahas

Started by GoodDays, August 17, 2012, 03:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody

I've seen this before and I find it interesting.

Does anyone "lease" motors to private individuals like they do cars?

Woody

GoodDays

up here it is mostly the lodges and fishing camps that lease... not sure if an individual could ?  Good question ?   Leasae return motors are usually a pretty good deal... even better if you can find the ones with low hours !!

GoodDays Greg

theSaltyPuddle

I believe they come back with about 1500 hours on them as an average.  I looked into them before but I feel that after rigging costs and taxes etc it's not a great bargain.
1985 SC 17, 2017 Mercury 90Hp

Wyrguy

Quote from: theSaltyPuddle on August 17, 2012, 07:56:19 PM
I believe they come back with about 1500 hours on them as an average.  I looked into them before but I feel that after rigging costs and taxes etc it's not a great bargain.

Salty, I don't know about over on the mainland, but over here my friend got a 150 Yamaha 4s camp return installed for just under 60% of new and it only had 178 hrs on it. SG Power here in Victoria seems to be real big on them. I asked them awhile ago and they said that they have a 'special' relationship with Yamaha Canada that allows them to 'cherry pick' the good ones with lower hrs. They are always packaging them up with boats and a trailer too.  :twocents:  Having said that, I went new.
Rick
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

Grizzle

Not sure how big a concern it might be but I've never seen a motor used in a commercial setting bring flushed - ever.  I wonder if a remedial salt-away regime would be enough to set things right and ease the mind?
Brook Stockton - My Boat: Mighty Molly - The Fish Monger - Arima SeaChaser 16 - Soft SkipTower and "The Rack"

SALTBOSS™ MARINE - Offshore Marine Products & Fabrication - http://saltbossmarine.com - brook@saltbossmarine.com - 206-953-SALT (7258)