News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Clean 17 Chaser

Started by Chief of the Boat, January 16, 2021, 12:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberty Call

That's at the Defiance dealership. 

GregE

:yeahthat:  Yep,  they often get nice boats in trade or consignment.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

headduck

2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Liberty Call

They don't last long.  My '92 1511 SE sold in 3 days.

We bought this boat yesterday and it was better than described when we looked at it; apparently it was always garaged, we could not find a ding or scratch on it.  My only concern was the 115 Suzuki as I am unfamiliar with this brand so feel free let me know the good/bad about it.  I'm also looking for recommendations on a good boat cover as we won't be able to garage it and it will be stored in the open.  This SC will probably spend the rest of its days in the Dash Point/Tacoma area.

For reference, we had a 1511 Sea Ranger from 88-00, a 22 Sea Sport from 00-20, and now we are happy to be back in a 17 SC as our experiences make us believe that this boat will be the best platform for what we like to do.

Hydroman

Congratulation on your new purchase.

You will be happy with the Suzuki,  I've been running DF 140 Suzuki engines since 2004 and have been real happy with them.

Jim

17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

amazing grace

Congrats, That seem's like a very nice boat for the $.
What  year is the Suzuki and how many hours. The newer Suzuki's are very well thought of.  If it is an early one then there could be reason for concern.

Welcome to the site. Might want to post up in the new member section.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Hydroman

The 2007's are prone to engine holder corrosion do to the use of steel plug that was places in the engine holder to plug an unused threaded hole in the casting.

Suzuki never issued a recall. Once owner became knowledgeable of the problem they replaces the steel plug with an aftermarket aluminum one.  The plug is located on the port side of the engine just below the engine block. Just remove the engine cover the the 2 plastic covers that cover the midsection of the motor for access.

I have a pair of 2007 DF 140 and I replaced the plug within the first year of ownership and I have had no problems.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Liberty Call

Congratulation to you on your new purchase.  Welcome back to the family. 
It sounds great. I only wish it was up long enough for me to see it.  LOL

58Johnson

I like Westland boat covers.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8