News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Looking for a 16’ or 17’ arima

Started by Wsu1110, October 10, 2020, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wsu1110

Hi Arima experts,
I am looking for a Seachaser 16' or 17' to fit in garage ( 21' long and 7' height).  With budget of 15k what year and what power is reasonable for This current market.

amazing grace

In that range I would be looking for a newer style hull and a 17' with a mid 2000's power plant. The other three things I would want is good canvas, a four stroke kicker and a solid trailer. Everything else is gravy. Be patient and there will be some in the next few months.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

BayWolf

Quote from: Wsu1110 on October 10, 2020, 10:16:13 PM
Hi Arima experts,
I am looking for a Seachaser 16' or 17' to fit in garage ( 21' long and 7' height).  With budget of 15k what year and what power is reasonable for This current market.

Being there with you, I have to agree with AG.  You are going to have to be VERY patient and be ready to strike like a cobra.  Lots of big boats are starting to flood the market.  The smaller, good condition boats are listing at a premium price.

If you're fortunate enough to find a boat like AG describes in your price range, you can bet there are gonna be a LOT of people pouncing on it within minutes...  from what I've been finding, a boat like that is running for over $20 grande right now.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Wsu1110

Thank you both of your advices. The only concern right now that if the 17 fit in my garage. I am willing pay a little bit more for a good solid boat to low hour on power.

BayWolf

Quote from: Wsu1110 on October 11, 2020, 01:56:21 PM
Thank you both of your advices. The only concern right now that if the 17 fit in my garage. I am willing pay a little bit more for a good solid boat to low hour on power.

What size of a parking spot are you trying to fit it in?  Length, width and the height that it has to fit through on the door.  My garage door is exactly 7 ft.  I've found that most 17's that sit on roller trailers are too high.   I also found without exception that in my 21 ft garage, a swing tongue is absolute, and even then, almost all of them would have to be slanted a little sideways to fit.  This leaves NO room in the back or front.

First Sergeant

polarbill1999

I posted in the other person's thread so I should post here as well.  I am pretty my father is going to get his 1996 sea chaser ready to sell. It still has the original 70 vro that just won't die:).  It has new canvas with a bonus slant back.

Dm me if you want more info. 

Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Wsu1110

My garage 21' long and 7' door height.

BayWolf

Quote from: Wsu1110 on October 11, 2020, 03:32:53 PM

You could fit a 17 if you find the right on.  Probably on bunks rather than rollers, and either with a swing tongue or be able to have one installed I would think.

First Sergeant

polarbill1999

Quote from: Wsu1110 on October 11, 2020, 03:32:53 PM

I will have my father get you some measurements.
Brett
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

polarbill1999

I haven't received height yet but length with motors down is 21' and width is 8'.
Brett
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

polarbill1999

Height is 8 feet with top up and 6 feet to the top of the windshield.
Brett
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Koopa253

Polarbill, curious on your 8' width measurement, is this the width on trailer? Thanks
2006 Arima SeaHunter
2014 Suzuki 60 HP
2018 Suzuki 6 HP

polarbill1999

Quote from: Koopa253 on October 12, 2020, 09:09:38 PM
Polarbill, curious on your 8' width measurement, is this the width on trailer? Thanks

I believe so.  The boat is 7'6" wide I believe.
Brett
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Rtperch1

Check out my response to BayWolf. I have my 16' SC shown there. It's available.