News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Since we discuss trucks occasionally, here's an interesting link!

Started by Markshoreline, November 09, 2018, 06:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Redhawk

Impressive but not surprising! Toyota makes great quality stuff. I would be interested to see a Cummins engineer look into one of their engines after a million miles.
Sparhawk:
1983 Tiderunner 150 Cuddy
1995 Mercury 60 2-stroke
1984 Evinrude 6 2-stroke

Yachter Yat

Good to hear.  I love, love, love my 2015 Tacoma.   Not that I'd keep it to a million miles, but I get the feeling it's going to serve me well for as long as I keep it.  25,000 plus absolutely trouble-free miles on it as of now.   Unlike all my previous GM's, looks like it wants to behave.  (haha)

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Quote from: Yachter Yat on November 10, 2018, 06:13:19 AM
   Good to hear.  I love, love, love my 2015 Tacoma.   Not that I'd keep it to a million miles, but I get the feeling it's going to serve me well for as long as I keep it.  25,000 plus absolutely trouble-free miles on it as of now.   Unlike all my previous GM's, looks like it wants to behave.  (haha)

Yat
Toyotas are well built trucks for sure, once you get over the sticker shock. My 1989 GMC Jimmy, full-size 4X4 has behaved since 1989! Just add gas and go! Albeit, lots of gas :facepalm:

Sugar_Magnolia

The wife and I are on our 9th Toyota. We never have any major problems ( knock on wood) and just do the maintenance. They last forever. I currently own a Tundra that has 50,000 miles on it and is paid for. I just took a new job where I get a company pickup so this will be my last one. Figure I can drive it until I'm 100 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 21' Arima Skip Tower 140 HP Suzuki

Markshoreline

FisherDV, it's a 2006 Double Cab TRD I bought in May this year with 75k, one owner no accidents.  I've since had every fluid and adjustment made at Toyota, replaced the Bilsteins and added new Michelins.  Towed the 21 HT effortlessly 700 miles from Whidbey to Gold River, BC this summer and back effortlessly, including the mountain crossings it averaged 10-12 mpg.   Amazing truck, only issue is the interior is not as well engineered as new vehicles for cup holders, storage spaces, etc.  It even has an ashtray though fortunately hadn't been smoked in.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Fisherdv

Sounds like a solid truck for sure! I really wanted a new Tacoma TRD off-road or 4-runner but I just couldn't pull the trigger for the 40K+ their asking. Maybe sometime in the future. I'm still very happy with the GMC

Markshoreline

As the Doobie Brothers song in the 60's went, "Love the one you're with!"

Yachter Yat

Quote from: Markshoreline on November 10, 2018, 10:36:30 PM
As the Doobie Brothers song in the 60's went, "Love the one you're with!"

Mark:  I know you meant Stephen Stills........right?   

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Salmon King

Great read mark!
But anyone that knows me knows that I'm strictly a diesel guy.
I love my 1st generation Dodge Cummins and it will go to the grave with me. 
But IF I were to get a gasoline driven truck...Toyota would be my choice.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Markshoreline

lloyds

Tried them all over the years.  Ford and Chev, repairs started around 150,000.  Toyota 4 wheel repairs started around 250,000.  Had a Nissan king cab that ran great for 469,000 miles but got rear ended and totaled.  Current ride is 2nd generation dodge/cummins.  335,000 and no sign of major repairs yet.  Best truck by far.  Rides harsh but who cares.
1997 sea explorer