News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Wanted canvas windshield for 2001 21ft arima skiptower

Started by fishstix, February 10, 2020, 04:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishstix

Just checked with my local canvas guy about redoing my windshield. He said its to far gone and if he made a new one it probably would not fit. He wants me to bring my boat in to get a exact fit. Problem is I live in upstate NY Lots of snow and road salt right up till fishing season.I would have to leave it outside at his place. Looking for a good used or new windshield. I have no idea if other models fit.Thanks for any replies or advise.. Fishstix

Svinny88

He should be able to measure, and make a pattern... and you can take the boat back home, and the bring it back for him to install snaps.  Canvas guys are tough, I've never had one that's not a pita, at least in some way.  I had a nightmare of an experience with c&c canvas, in upstate New York. I'm still fixing canvas issues that I paid him for, and I recommend you stay away...not to mention, he left my boat under a pine tree, and I had to deal with pine sap and ant 🐜 nfestation issues have n top of the unfinished canvas job. Find someone that will come to you, they are out there. 
1998 15'11" sea explorer. 2020 Honda bf100
"T roLL on 1"

ohmytodd

Is it just the clear panel, or the whole top?

Can you just take him the top on the frame? That's what I did with my guy. He replaced just the plastic panel for $70.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

fishstix

Thanks for the two quick replies. Its the canvas window that goes from the top of the windshield to the bottom of the skiptower.

It slides into a channel on top and has snaps on the bottom . Also has snaps up the sides.

I should also mention I have the fresh water tank and pump from this boat . It has never been used. I took it out for more storage.
It sits in the bow. Gallons?  Depending on where its going I would guess it would cost $40 or so to ship. Its large but not heavy
Open to offers.

Peddler

I've done this both ways; once taking the old pieces to be replicated and once taking the whole boat. Same guy. Taking the whole boat netted a much nicer final fit/result. In my opinion, taking the whole boat is the best way to do it, even if you have to wait for nicer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wishin' I was Fishin'

ohmytodd

1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Svinny88

There is an issue with canvas people in our geographic region... all that I have used,as of now, never , never, never meet any deadlines that they set forth    If he says a week, plan on a month. I know it's a small job, but if he is unable to fit it inside of a building, he will only work on it when the weather is right. Wind, rain, cold, you name it, the will be plenty of weather related issues to why it is not done.  If he is close enough, and your boat is already inside, I recommend having him come to you to look at the old one, and measure for the new one   If he is unable to do that, you need to find a new canvas guy. 
"T roLL on 1"

Svinny88

Here is a video, that shows how easy it is, for someone who knows what they are doing, and those that do not, but are mechanically inclined
https://youtu.be/kLoKbyHRnUo
"T roLL on 1"

mustang65fbk

The issue with sending them the old canvas, like Peddler was mentioning, is just that... they're going off the dimensions of the old one.  Which if you've had it for years and years and it's sat out in the cold, then it's going to shrink up a bit and make it difficult for you to get the snaps on, depending on what kind of material is used.  I've been having that issue with mine lately when I try to install it during the winter or spring.  If I wait until the summer when it expands or use a heat gun to help it expand, I don't have an issue.  Of course I rarely ever need the canvas during the summertime, but it's still nice to have.
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke