News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

SR19 HT Alaskan Bulkhead Prop

Started by cruisedoc, May 07, 2024, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cruisedoc

Repowering my 2016 SR19HT with Alaskan Bulkhead with a 115HP Mercury ProXS Command Thrust. Repower is done finished and shop is asking what size prop Arima is putting on these boats when sold new these days? Anyone know? Size/Pitch/#Blades? Thx.

Tom C

What propeller depends on the motor, and I don't think "Arima" is selling Mercury outboards.

A 19 Sea Ranger Hardtop ought to do about 40 MPH with the Mercury 115 ProXS. The redline for this motor is 6300 RPM

The command thrust gearcase on this motor has a 2.38:1 gear ratio

All that suggests that a 17" pitch prop is appropriate.

I recommend the 15-1/2" x 17" Mercury MIRAGEplus or Quicksilver Thunderbolt

cruisedoc

amazing grace

Nice, congrats on the new power. What is the otd rigged price for that unit in FL. if you don't mind sharing.
Many of us will be anxious to hear how that motor performs on your 19SRHT.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

cruisedoc

Will let you know when "all is said and done." Shop is still fine-tuning prop selection.

cruisedoc

Quote from: amazing grace on May 08, 2024, 08:11:39 AMNice, congrats on the new power. What is the otd rigged price for that unit in FL. if you don't mind sharing.
Many of us will be anxious to hear how that motor performs on your 19SRHT.

OTD (without tax): $15,141, including Enertia Eco 16x17 prop. When they first rigged it with a Rubex L3 15 3/4 x 15, numbers were good (6200 rpm at WOT, 38mph), but the motor was noisy and vibrated between 2500-3500 rpm. They installed the Enertio Eco 16x17 with FLO TORq SSR SD, and the vibration and noise magically disappeared. Now as quiet and smooth as the Honda it replaced. At WOT made 38mph and 5900 rpm. In addition, it handles wonderfully at the dock, which is what I was trying to prioritize.