News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

15' 1990 Sea Sprinter Stearing System

Started by 2% Irish, April 15, 2024, 11:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2% Irish

Hey there,
I am searching for any information regarding the steering system for a 1990 15 foot sprinter. I currently have a mechanical system with heavy corrosion instead of just replacing the cable. I'd like to replace the whole set up the original Yamaha that's on it. I'm mostly looking for the cable length. Also, any other information plan sets for this would be very helpful. I appreciate it thanks.

croaker stroker

Unless you absolutely can't afford it, get the BayStar hydraulic steering. 

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Tom C

According to the information here, the mechanical cable length is 15' but that depends on what helm you have, and how it is oriented. Not sure of the 15' Sea Stringer used rack or rotary helms, but it should be apparent to you.

Likewise, the cable you have will have its length printed on it in some form.

A complete mechanical system costs about $300