News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Boat stand support locations

Started by Nose, December 02, 2023, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nose

I am going to place my 19' SEa Chaser Yellowtail on boat stands for bottom clean, paint, etc. Should the weight support blocks be under the center or the chimes for structural integrity? My first time blocking this boat.

Grilse

Here's how I did mine a few years ago. Firewood has since been burned. Engine lift worked well to lift bow so I could shuffle the trailer out. There's also a bottle jack used. Supports are on chines, centerline hull before bow rise, and stern on outer chines. I felt very safe working underneath, but I never removed engine lift on bow.

Be careful,
Jeff
2005 SR19
1999 Yamaha F100
2005 Yamaha 8
Stabicraft 1530
Yamaha F60

AJFishin

When I pulled my boat off the trailer I had purchased a couple boat stands. They were expensive, but I've used them a few times since, so they paid for themselves.
I used my floor jack with some wood on top of it (second picture) to lift the bow, then carefully pulled my trailer out from underneath, repeating when I got to the crossmembers and axle.
My situation didn't allow me to use my engine hoist.
Here's a pictures of my SC16 on 2 stands and a couple cinder blocks.

'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Nose