News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

1981 Sea Hunter for Sale 90HP Mercury and 6HP

Started by PDXSH, April 27, 2024, 09:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDXSH

Hi everyone. Selling my 1981 Sea Hunter. Currently at Fred's marina near Portland through May. The boat is great, full canvas enclosure, 90 HP rebuilt about 100 hours ago, 6HP like new, Lowrance GPS/Finder, two battery w/ charging system, VHF, down riggers, crab davit, anchor system, stereo, boat cover, trailer.  I got my captains license recently and am looking to simply get a bigger boat to guide out of.
$9500
*New Oregon tags on boat

fishmeister

Quote from: PDXSH on April 27, 2024, 09:00:36 AMHi everyone. Selling my 1981 Sea Hunter. Currently at Fred's marina near Portland through May. The boat is great, full canvas enclosure, 90 HP rebuilt about 100 hours ago, 6HP like new, Lowrance GPS/Finder, two battery w/ charging system, VHF, down riggers, stereo, trailer.  I got my captains license recently and am looking to simply get a bigger boat to guide out of.
Thanks, Ben (503)xxx-xxxx call or text and I can send you some photos. $9900

Nice to see that I'm not the only one with an '81 SH that's still "alive and well".  Good luck with the sale.

Highly recommend that you edit your post to get rid of the phone number.  Have anyone interested use the PM function on the site to reach out to you.  There's a LOT of visitors to this site that aren't in the USA, have probably never heard of Arima, and are not here gathering info about boats/fishing.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

PDXSH

Thank you for edit advice. Appreciate the kind words. It's a fun boat for sure.

fishmeister

Wow!  This has had some serious mods/updates.  About the only thing I can recognize to confirm the vintage is the forward cleats being so far forward.  Looks like all of the wood has been replaced with custom panels.

Looks nice (even though I do like the look of the wood).  The boat has obviously been cared for and had a lot of work put into it.  That 90 should rocket the boat in good water.

I don't want to "derail" your ad.  But, I've got to ask....Am I seeing it correctly that you moved the Navigation lights from the tip of the boat to the sides of the cabin?  If so, curious if you have part numbers/pics of that mod.  That one kinda has me interested.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

PDXSH

Quote from: fishmeister on April 27, 2024, 03:58:01 PMWow!  This has had some serious mods/updates.  About the only thing I can recognize to confirm the vintage is the forward cleats being so far forward.  Looks like all of the wood has been replaced with custom panels.

Looks nice (even though I do like the look of the wood).  The boat has obviously been cared for and had a lot of work put into it.  That 90 should rocket the boat in good water.

I don't want to "derail" your ad.  But, I've got to ask....Am I seeing it correctly that you moved the Navigation lights from the tip of the boat to the sides of the cabin?  If so, curious if you have part numbers/pics of that mod.  That one kinda has me interested.

It sure does rocket. I actually use some simple battery powered removable navigation lights. Those likely are the navigation light bases, I just haven't used them.

Yachter Yat

I like that canvas. In fact, I feel somewhat "inspired".  Keeps the hot Sun off as well as the salt spray, on the afternoon trip home.  Two "improvements" might be to install a "quick opening" zippered-hatch for standing and extend it around and onto the side widows by about 3 snaps.
   Course....I don't have to tell you that those "aft" supports could be eliminated by mounting the primary bow with antenna ratcheting mounts.......do I?  Man..........if that primary bow were made of 1" stainless tubing, and mounted on those Shakespeare mounts, I'd probably be getting a "chubby" right about now.  :jester:
   Almost makes me wish I could get Donny Gross to oversee the building of a new "special" little Sea Hunter.

Yat 
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)