News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Does radar help out in fog?

Started by Rifleman, January 16, 2015, 11:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

Just in case you wanted a new set...
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

strokersquid

Well since nothing else helps except not going out in fog, yes. In the San Francisco Bay summer it is common to put out crab traps in completely clear weather and 45 minutes later be completely fogged in and have to follow a blue and gold tour boat out the Golden Gate ( whereupon they turn right around and leave you under the bridge in the middle of the shipping lanes ) to get to your traps. Or in the short days of winter come in the long Oakland Estuary in the dark and find a sailboat anchored with no lights on. Of course neither one of these convinced me to buy a Lowrance 4G . So when it gets foggy and/or dark, I just fly by the seat of my soiled pants. :wink: