News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

How to attach components in battery compartment?

Started by ohmytodd, December 28, 2018, 09:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohmytodd

My electronic upgrade components are trickling in, so it's time to start planning the install. I've seen a number of folks use starboard panels to mount things without having to drill too many holes directly into the hull down in the battery compartment. I recall reading that 5200 won't stick to starboard, so I'm curious how some of you have attached the panels with your goodies on them.

Do you still just use a couple of small screws to attach it or is there another/better way? I've got a roll of industrial grade velcro that I was thinking of using - the stuff is super strong, my only concern being if 5200 won't stick, would the sticky back velcro adhesive even work?

Another alternative to Starboard that I thought of was picking up a few large plastic cutting boards at Ross and cutting them down to size. Anyone experiment with materials like that? I used some for some shelving in the past with good results.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

DevMah

4 small stainless  screws to attach the mounting board.

Dev
2015 21' Sea Ranger w 150 Yammy  (Tight lines) Sold
2012 Lund 1650SS  w 2012 60HP Mercury-Sold

FishAddict

Or use weld mount stainless studs if you don't want to drill a hole.
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150