News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Looking to get my carburetors rebuild

Started by Rowland84, April 22, 2024, 10:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowland84

I'm looking to get my carburetors rebuild on my 03 yamaha f60.  boat is new to me and after getting it home the #3 carburetor started pouring out gas after starting like the float is stuck so best to get them all rebuild. Call auburn sports marine and they said $1300-1600 and can't get it in tell July 10th ! Called Commencement Bay Marina and they said they can get it in by this Thursday! Will get back to me with a quote. Not sure if anyone has any experience with them or knows of anyone else that is good and available soon. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
93' sea explorer 1511"  03' yamaha f60 12' mercury 9.9
91' campion 16.5 fishing machine 91' mariner 40hp sold

davidsea

You might try Tacoma Boat Sales - Honda and Yamaha dealer - often busy, but very good service.    https://www.tacomaboatsales.com/
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

Rowland84

Quote from: davidsea on April 25, 2024, 12:26:47 AMYou might try Tacoma Boat Sales - Honda and Yamaha dealer - often busy, but very good service.    https://www.tacomaboatsales.com/
I decided to just rebuild them myself! I'm a heavy equipment mechanic by trade. ordered all four carb rebuild kits yesterday from boats.net for $390! All the boat shops wanted $125 per kit and $175-200 an hour for labor + shop supplie fees looking at about 2k after tax and everything else! No thanks! I have cases of brake clean and rags at work. Just need to get a carburetor Synchronizer tool. Then should be all set and only cost about $500

DARice

Nice. The carb rebuild kits for my previous motor were rare and pricey, one reason I upgraded.

Dave
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9

DeskJockey

I wouldn't worry about synchronizing the carbs, you aren't really replacing anything in the rebuild that requires it.  Clean out all of the passages, don't mess with the adjustment screws (or mark and count turns), and replace all of the gaskets.  You'll be back on the water the same weekend.

Good luck! I think you made the right choice.
1991 17' Sea Ranger

beancounter

Get yourself a cheap ultrasonic cleaner. I got a cheap one from harbor freight and it makes all the difference in the world.
It does a good job of cleaning those little jets and passages.

Rowland84

Quote from: DeskJockey on April 25, 2024, 08:02:25 AMI wouldn't worry about synchronizing the carbs, you aren't really replacing anything in the rebuild that requires it.  Clean out all of the passages, don't mess with the adjustment screws (or mark and count turns), and replace all of the gaskets.  You'll be back on the water the same weekend.

Good luck! I think you made the right choice.
your right but with the boat being new to me and the motor being 21 years old I would like to confirm that the carbs are synced and that someone has not tried adjusting/messing with things.

Tom C

I buy carburetor cleaner in gallon cans and use it for a variety of chores, but not for cleaning carburetors. For cleaning carburetor parts, I use Mercury/Quicksilver Power Tune. It will cut things other cleaners will not.

Rowland84

Carb rebuild is done! Was definitely due! Looks like the previous owner had been running ethanol fuel.

Fisherdv

Run some Mercury Quickleen in the fuel every other fill up. Your carbs will stay looking like new.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60