News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Betrayed and Bewildered

Started by Hunter, April 14, 2024, 02:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

Ok..... thought this was interesting for an open forum post.   

For the past 20 or 30 years, my traditional go-to cocktail has always been vodka, club soda and a healthy oz of pure 100% lemon juice.  For the first time, and since getting a new lens for cataract in my left eye....I noticed the fine print that lives right beneath the nice big red banner that says.....100% Real Lemon Juice". 

Apparently in America....it's OK to boldly lie about a product as long as you have some fine print telling everyone that you're lying!

2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

GregE

Hmmmmm,  and I was getting my Go bag to come down and accost someone.....

I can't help you, Sundance
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

JamesBee19791

Well, I cant help you on not reading the fine print. You're cocktail sounds pretty refreshing though, I'll hafta try it. My go to is vodka, sugar free 7-up, OJ, not from concentrate.
91 SC17, 19 Yamaha 115, 17 Yamaha 9.9

croaker stroker

The lemon juice and soda is not needed. 🍋
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Yachter Yat

Here's my "daily":  Squeeze juice from 1/8 cut of lime into glass. Add 2 oz. Grey Goose vodka, 1 1/2 oz. Schweppes tonic water (yellow label) and 3 oz. of Ocean Spray (original) cranberry juice.  Fill with ice and place lime cut on top.
  If you're "brave", you can pull the old "bar keep" trick and dribble another small amount of Goose on top. Don't know if this name is taken, but I've titled it a "Bloody Goose".  :jester:

Yat 
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

fishmeister

Ya'all are just a little too complicated....

Put the Coors Light in the fridge.  When the mountains on the can turn blue, pop the top and enjoy.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

DARice

Open Makers Mark. Pour into glass. Add 1 ice cube.

No wonder I don't like paying for a 'mixologist.'
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9

Yachter Yat

When I drank beer (which was not too often), Rolling Rock was my favorite. I used to bring only two when going out on the boat. Oftentimes, I'd wind-up bringing one home. :shrug9:  I still have one bottle left in the fridge.  Think it's been there for a few years now. Whaddaya think, should I shitcan it?  Believe it or not, my pants waist size is 32...I work hard to keep it that way. :jester:

Yat 
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Hunter

Quote from: Yachter Yat on April 15, 2024, 12:56:57 PMWhen I drank beer (which was not too often), Rolling Rock was my favorite. I used to bring only two when going out on the boat. Oftentimes, I'd wind-up bringing one home. :shrug9:  I still have one bottle left in the fridge.  Think it's been there for a few years now. Whaddaya think, should I shitcan it?  Believe it or not, my pants waist size is 32...I work hard to keep it that way. :jester:

Yat 

32 inches......Really?   Dang dude, you must have to run around in the shower just to get wet..   As long as it effervesces when you open it.....  drink that beer.

ON another side note, and after thinking about this false advertising on my lemon juice.....  I've now decided that my 2015 Chevy Silverado 3/4 Ton Duramax Crew Cab is 100% all Natural......since it's entirely made from a combination of ingredients found on Planet Earth!   

All Garmin Electronics

Yachter Yat

Quote from: Hunter on April 15, 2024, 01:18:47 PM32 inches......Really? 

Yup! I weigh 160 lbs. Not too much fat around here.  I keep moving. Always been quite physical all my life. Keeping up with this property keeps me pretty busy; if you know what I mean.
   Yeah....I've been staring at that leftover Rolling Rock for years now.  I'm actually having second thoughts about consuming it. :bigshock: Ha 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Hunter

Dude..... definitely stay away from states that have tornadoes or you could end up in the Land of Oz......just like ToTo!!   
All Garmin Electronics

Yachter Yat

:jester:  Any small Arimas there? :jester:

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

fishmeister

Quote from: Yachter Yat on April 15, 2024, 06:11:35 PM:jester:  Any small Arimas there? :jester:

Yat

Yeah, there are plenty of small Arimas there.  The problem is that if you click your heels together 3 times and say "there's no place like home", they all turn into Bayliners.    :rimshot:
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Whiskeytango101

160?!?.... It's been a few years since that life was lived... for you SoCal fellas... cheers!IMG_9864.jpeg... mind the viscosity boys...

Tunacious

They betrayed me also.

A few days ago I bought 1,000 lbs of salmon.  Im currently in the middle of filleting the salmon and then grinding the salmon to make Salmon Burgers.

I sell the 1/4 pound burgers with 12 burgers in a box for $65.  They are very healthy and taste really good.

I chose to use the same lemon juice because I thought it was 100 percent lemon juice.

On my lables that I'm required to place on my burgers I listed place "lemon juice".

I should have transferred all of their ingredients onto my lables.

Now I'm part of the problem.

ohmytodd

You guys aren't understanding the true meaning of marketing. The juice in that bottle IS 100% lemon juice, it just has other stuff mixed with it. Per US law, they're allowed to leave out the word "contains" since, by their logic, it's implied, and as Americans we're all savvy enough to know that. Thank your federal commerce department early and often for the wide variety of truths in advertising. In many other countries it would not fly.

Like Yat, I also have size 32 pants in my closet. That doesn't mean they fit me any more, but I aspire to fit into them again some day ;)

Marketing is stating the way the world should be. Not necessarily the way that it is.
1997 Sea Ranger 19 Skip Top Hey Nineteen, 2021 Suzuki DF140, 2019 Suzuki DF9.9

Yachter Yat

Quote from: ohmytodd on April 19, 2024, 09:23:13 AMLike Yat, I also have size 32 pants in my closet. That doesn't mean they fit me any more, but I aspire to fit into them again some day ;)

Oh man.....I should have never mentioned my pant size. :doh:  Now I feel bad for you, Todd.  I wear mine every day. Hey......just a thought, but do you think substituting my "Bloody Goose" cocktails (in place of whatever you're consuming) might help??  :shrug9:  :jester: 

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)