News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Retractable ratchet straps

Started by Wiley, October 29, 2017, 11:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley

Anybody using the retractable bolt on your trailer style straps ? And how do they hold up in salt water usage. Thanks
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

La-Z-Buoy

I do. Have to remember to rinse them down EVERY time you dunk them. And hit them with WD40 several times a year.

I find them more convenient to use than the other type. You don't have to find a place to store them and no tail end of the strap flapping around going down the road. And no metal contacting the boat.     :twocents:
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

First Cabin

I've been using the stainless version for at least five years now.  My only regret is that I didn't get them installed much sooner.  Other than spraying them when I wash the boat, I haven't given them any attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

croaker stroker

I copied Streamfixer and bought the Cabelas straps. (Stainless Model) These are not retractable...but much cheaper, and very good quality.

You just have to throw them in the truck when you launch. But they have a quick connect/disconnect cam-lock buckle with hull protecting pad with Velcro for securing excess strap. I got the Stainless Steel model and have been using them for a couple of years....I like them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Standard-Tie-Downs/737493.uts?slotId=0

****both my previous EZLoader and my current Pacific have had eye fixtures for the tie-down hook.

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

familyrig

I have added the stainless retractable straps to each boat I have owned.  So easy my kids generally put them on and off.  Buy them!
1999 Sea Explorer 75hp Yamaha 6HP Suzuki/ 1990 Sea Ranger 17' 90 hp Honda

FishAddict

I put the stainless ones on last season and I'm so happy I did.  They are really quick and one less thing to mess with at the launch.  I won't own another boat with out them.
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

milos dad

Another use is to add tension to your kicker when trailering.  I don't have the fixed bracket and use the ratchet strap on the lower unit of my kicker to prevent it from moving when trailering.

M D
Rick
87 Sea Hunter with 94 Honda 45
2009 6 hp Merc kicker

darci

Installed a set this Spring...in a factory supplied hole in the perfect location on a King Saltwater 2500 trailer.
If they rust (doubt it rinse, rinse, repeat!) I will certainly replace them.
However, I did have a 20% off store coupon.
So far so good.

Wiley

So I ended up with Walmart retractable $20 for two, hooks on both ends so easily removed before launch. Thanks for the input am happy with em so far.. the only part that touches the fiberglass is the strap.
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!