News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Sea Trial Report with the Insta-Trim Tabs

Started by Chief of the Boat, October 26, 2013, 06:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief of the Boat

I wished I would have spent the 350 bucks for these tabs in the first place.  The $130 smart tabs, $$$ different propellers,  and the $75 Hydro foil were all band aids to the planning and listing problems we all encounter with Arima boats.  My 1st Mate and I went to Kitsap Lake on Wednesday to fish for the 4700 trout they planted earlier in the month (skunked).  I removed the fin on the cavitation plate so it would not defeat the purpose of the huge 12 x 9  stainless Insta tabs. These things should be standard on all Arimas.   

croaker stroker

Nice looking wake. Looks like you took a few laps around the lake. Good to hear your efforts were a success.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

ak-angler

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Trim tabs, either hydraulic or electric, are probably the number one best add on for these relatively short, fat, butt-heavy boats. And, you're right - they should be standard on all Arimas.

Glad to hear the new InstaTrim's are working out for you!

1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

wedocq

That's exactly what I have. love them. Makes a world of difference on an Arima.
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

amazing grace

looks like they work great. At some point I will do the upgrade. Most likely the Insta Trim's like you. 
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

BruceL2_Fish

That's what I have on my boat, they work great. 

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker