News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

A good vhf and source for buying online.

Started by amazing grace, September 27, 2013, 01:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSCS

Quote from: Salmon King on January 28, 2014, 04:46:28 PM
Quote from: markshoreline on November 11, 2013, 09:23:50 PM
mks
this is not my area of expertise but our friend DSCS on this site has indicated that you can rewire 0183 to adapt to 2000 so that these instruments can communicate with each other.

Hopefully he will come aboard this thread and explain this....

Oh-Oh! Somebody using my name in vain again.  :wink:

I don't have any NEMA 0183 doo-dads left on my boat, so I have not used any of the converters. Everything is NEMA 2000.

I did at one time research the Actisense converters and found that there are some NEMA 2000 pgns and NEMA1083 sentences not supported.
I also found out that Lowrance HDS and Simrad NSS MFDs will bridge most NEMA 1083 inputs out to NEMA 2000.

That is about the extent of my knowledge of data conversions.

Alan
We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

fishorcrab

I should have started at the top and read the entire thread again before I answered above.  I think John and Steve are giving good advice.  There is a similar discussion on iboats at link below.

http://forums.iboats.com/electrical-electronics-audio-trolling-motors/need-feedback-lowrance-elite-7-hdi-compatible-w-sh-gx2150-ais-vhf-591315.html

Sorry to have contributed to the confusion. Second law of thermodynamics strikes again.

Paul
SC16 Yamaha 4s 90
SP17 Honda 4s 90  - Croaker made me do it. :)

Crackerbox

Quote from: Threeweight on January 28, 2014, 08:48:42 PM
John speaks wisely.

If you plan on radar, I'd drop down to a non AIS radio and use the cost savings to buy the HDS.

Sounds very wise to me, thank you everyone for the advice.

Joe