News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

1997 Sea Chaser

Started by First Light, April 08, 2024, 04:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief of the Boat

First Light

yes, that's what I thought when I first saw it!

Any ideas on how many of this model were made, or was this an aftermarket installation?

Looks like a head banger to me! I tend to get highly excited when rods go off!!!

Chief of the Boat

I believe they are Skip Top and factory installed.

ak-angler

Quote from: Chief of the Boat on April 08, 2024, 05:10:30 PMI believe they are Skip Top and factory installed.

Nope. It's a factory skiff top (I owned one). They were discontinued fairly early. I believe it was because the window wasn't structurally able to handle the fore-aft forces that the (heavy-ish) roof applied to the window frame in hard chop.
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

headduck

The do look cool... aside from structural flaws and a height that eliminates any hopes of standing up while driving.

Pretty well priced.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

vxhatch

My old boat. Put a lot of work into it. Nice to see it again.

The project:
https://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=1395.0
2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

amazing grace

Dang VX, been a loooooonnnnggggg time. Good to see you here again. Oh my, the ultra rare Skiff top :party017:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

fishmeister

Hadn't seen (or heard of) that top option before.  I kinda like it.  Wonder what it would look like on a SH?
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Chivo707

Just got back from a 24 hour round trip from the Bay Area to Seattle. Boat is not in the condition that the seller claims it's in. He claimed it was dealer maintained and in excellent shape with a perfectly running motor, all lies. Truth: Hull stress cracks on both starboard and port side of hull, electrical connectors and wires corroded all throughout with things not working, and most importantly, an outboard with fuel in the crankcase that cannot idle. First red flag being that he put the boat in neutral and gave it gas before cranking in order to get it to start and idle on muffs. As soon as I asked to put the throttle back on the neutral position, outboard died.

Seller took the post down shortly after I left and claimed he had a long list of other buyers waiting so I wanted to share with those who come across this boat in the future in hopes to save them from wasted time and money. I hope he does the right thing and is truthful if he decides to repost. There are other things I noticed but nothing as major as stated above.

As as side note: Props to VXHATCH if he did the electrical work because the wiring was impressive.

beancounter

Sounds like it needs a new jar of turd polish. :stirthepot:

headduck

Wow. Bummer. Priced low for some effort needed but gotta be honest, especially with a cat driving halfway across the country...  :shrug9:
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

amazing grace

Sorry to hear Chivo, Most here will not remember VX's complete rebuild of one or Arima's most unique and rare models. It was nothing short of impressive. He fished it awhile and then moved up to a Sea Sport. Sorry that neglect has taken its toll on such a great boat. Really sorry to hear. To remember VX's journey with that boat was something that has stuck with me as one of the great accomplishments by any member here in my book. She was a beauty.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead